SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Washing machine help please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washing machine help please Login/Join 
posted
I have a Maytag washing machine (model: MFW9700SQ1 serial: CSU1915257) from the 2007-ish time-frame. The display shows code F 06. The drum cannot be rotated by hand.

Have you any troubleshooting wisdom on this / what order I should be checking components in? Finally, is this something likely to be economically repaired, or should I be considering a new one?

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Check answer at bottom...F06 means that your motor control board isn't reading the tachometer on your motor correctly when it tries to turn the motor. You'll need to remove the lower front panel and make sure all the wire connections are secure to the motor control board (MCU) and if everything looks good, the MCU will need to be ordered and replaced. The MCU generally costs about $200 for the part, but it only takes about 20 minutes to replace.

http://www.justanswer.com/appl...showing-06-code.html

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem with mine not long ago. I decided to replace the unit with a new one as the other parts could go anytime as well. $200.00 is a big investment on a 10 y/o unit and I figured another $150.00 - 200.00 more, I could have a new machine and not worry about what could go wrong next. Granted we have a top loader now but we use the washing machine a lot in my house with the kids.Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies.

I had seen the item about the board, but I didn't think that would cause the drum to not spin freely, so I was wondering what a motor would cost if that turned out to be the issue. It's always been able to spin freely by hand in the past.

I suppose I'll just have to tear into it to determine why things seem to have seized up.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post