SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ripple donates to Donors Choose
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ripple donates to Donors Choose Login/Join 
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted
For those not familiar with it, Donors Choose is a site where teachers can put up crowd-funding requests for their classrooms and people can make tax deductible donations to help with these projects. There are rules to the projects: they have to be for things that the classroom or school will use, like a new printer, or chairs. You can't set up crowd funding for a field trip or anything like that.

My wife has used Donors Choose a few times in the past. It involves a lot of time and paperwork on her part, but if the project gets funded it allows her to provide things for her classroom that we can't afford with our meager paychecks.

This evening she got an email notifying her that the company Ripple has just donated 29 million dollars to fully fund all 35,000 projects currently on Donors Choose. This means new equipment for my wife's classroom and about 35,000 others.

I don't know much about Ripple, but I thank them for this fantastic contribution.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

But seriously, I'm guessing it's a different Ripple. That's awesome!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Ripple is a crypto currency. I guess they're literally making money.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

But seriously, I'm guessing it's a different Ripple. That's awesome!

That was literally the first thing that popped into my mind. Big Grin

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post