SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever impulse bid on Gunbroker and then hope to win AND lose at the same time?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever impulse bid on Gunbroker and then hope to win AND lose at the same time? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What kills me more is that there are some great deals now and I really don't need another gun,not that I have a lot, but it is hard to pass up sometimes.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I bought a 68 Mercury Cougar on EBAY like that once. I got a really outstanding deal and the car was in excellent shape. The only problem was, I got stupid when dating my ex girlfriend when she messed up my thought process and I sold it.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's how I got my MPX but in the end I'm very happy with the gun.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
For me alcohol is usually involved.

Anybody wanna buy a LNIB uzi pistol in .22? Roll Eyes

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sure did, just about a month ago. A sporterized 1943 Remington 1903A3 that was perfect for conversion to an A4, since it was already drilled and tapped and even had a Redfield Jr base on it. My brother is doing the conversion and I should have it pretty soon. As it turns out, the timing could not have been worse, and I was 50/50 hoping to lose the auction, but it wasn't listed properly and other guys looking to do the same thing might not have seen it, so I snagged it for an even $300 after losing a bidding war a few days prior for basically the same rifle, letting that one walk at $550. A few parts swaps, my brother's scant stock set and 2.5x Weaver, and I'm in business.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Ah, um , well yes the auction ended last night on a JM Marlin SS 336. I was the only bidder till last 8 hours or so. Price started at $695.00, ok I’ll play! Someone drove the price up and I held my ground on the price. It was a BEAUTIFUL stainless model that someone else now owns. Somehow I am relieved. Go figure......

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post