SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has anyone here ever used or own Dewalt compound pliers? I’m thinking of picking a couple up.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone here ever used or own Dewalt compound pliers? I’m thinking of picking a couple up. Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
Compound Pliers (3-Pack) https://homedepot.app.link/QRuWs94C4I]Dewalt compound pliers [/URL]

I’m tired of having crappy pliers.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Well those are probably crappy. Home depot carries Klein. Their high, but they will last a lifetime if used correctly. I would be willing g to bet those have a lot of slop in them and soft teeth/cutter surfaces.

Some of Channellocks offering are well made too and a bit less expensive than Klein.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
If you are tired of "crappy pliers"...you will not be disappointed buying these...it's a "buy once...cry once" kinda thing...crappy pliers will no longer be in your vocabulary...

https://www.amazon.com/002007U...ywords=knipex+pliers

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I had some from Menards and tore the shit out of the needle nose. I do have some Klein tools and like them a lot.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I need diagonals, pliers and needle nose.

posted Hide Post
Knipex hands down, the best pliers I own, use them daily, probably more than any wrench in my bag!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I've had the same pair of Klein needle nose since 1996. Only tool in my bag I haven't broken or lost. If you go with Klein, then get Journeyman 2000 Dykes and Needle nose.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I knew Klein was good. I just found the dewalt compound ones interesting. But if they’re crap like some have said, looks like I’ll go Klein. Thanks everyone.

orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
If you are tired of "crappy pliers"...you will not be disappointed buying these...it's a "buy once...cry once" kinda thing...crappy pliers will no longer be in your vocabulary...

https://www.amazon.com/002007U...ywords=knipex+pliers

I use Knipex stuff at work, IMO they make the best hand tools on the planet.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have Knippex and Robogrips, Robogrips for the win. When they first started making them, they were mfg in USA, interestingly - the Chinese ones work almost as good as the USA ones. "Almost", a little less smooth.

If you've never used Robogrips, do yourself a favor and get some. Sears use to sell them.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post