SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jordan Peterson: Zen Master
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jordan Peterson: Zen Master Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I like the way he patronizes her near the end and she doesn't catch on at all. Peterson: "I finally got you." Reporter: "Yes, you did," Peterson:
"It took awhile." In fact, he OWNED her throughout the entire interview.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Mr.Peterson is a hero in this age of mob-thinking.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like what he has to say but I disagree with his total acceptance of screaming maniacs. There simply has to be some sort of order maintained. Allowing totally anarchic behavior encourages more anarchic behavior.

I remember what Mayor Guliani said about protests in New York. Remember first of all that he completely reformed New York city from being one of the most dangerous cities to one of the safer big cities. What he said was that people should be allowed to protest and speak their minds. They can carry signs and walk along the sidewalk and say what they wanted to but they are NOT going to be allowed to jump in the streets, stop traffic and otherwise interrupt the lives of other innocent people.

You can have your free speech but that doesn't give you the right to infringe on the rights and freedoms of others............dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
I like what he has to say but I disagree with his total acceptance of screaming maniacs.
If you think that's what the man is doing, you need to look more closely.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
I like what he has to say but I disagree with his total acceptance of screaming maniacs.
If you think that's what the man is doing, you need to look more closely.

Well maybe total acceptance in the wrong term. And I do get his point of let them speak and show how foolish they are. My point is let them speak and show how foolish they are outside instead of blaring airhorns directly into the ears of other innocent people.

Just because you have a right to scream and act foolish doesn't mean that I HAVE to listen to it. And your right to speak your mind doesn't mean that you can do it in a may that prevents me from speaking mine.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He who loses control, loses.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Regarding the interview above, well, let me ask you- are you in the least surprised at this?

posted Hide Post
Dr. Jordan Peterson is well-spoken, maintains his composure, and as seen in that Newman interview is very well prepared.

He says the interview was a textbook case of having a conversation with a person who was animus possessed (Carl Jung psychology).

Yeah. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1926 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
bought his book "12 Rules for Life"

book came yesterday. Just started reading.

Very interesting so far, but only into chapter one

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Here is Peterson on his book tour, it's 90 minutes long.

https://youtu.be/-5RCmu-HuTg

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
"you show them . . . you lead by example" - awesome control of the situation. Just amazing.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Perhaps JP is William F. Buckley - reincarnated? Wink

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Jordan Peterson to be on Tucker Carlson show in a few minutes.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I can put on that face to adversity but inside, I boil. I need to learn that it's the right way to be not just bthe right way to act. I'm inspired.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I've seen this thread hanging around and didn't pay much attention to it. After opening it an d watching the video posts in here I started watching Jordan Peterson on YouTube. I've got a lot of catching up to do. He is remarkable.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
My 30 year-old daughter asked me recently if I was aware of JP, and I was quite surprised that she liked his calm, informed, and intellectual writings/speeches. She is a Millennial, but her father taught her to think critically, with facts. When she was in the public school system, I was hyper-vigilant with my awareness of what she was being taught. Any jackassery that she was taught (like the time I debated her teacher on global warming) to her was reviewed for reality. THIS is the key to change the future of these snowflakes: parents and the schools.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
bought his book "12 Rules for Life"

book came yesterday. Just started reading.

Very interesting so far, but only into chapter one

Please keep us in the loop, I was looking to order this.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I ignored this thread until now, no interest in zen whatever while so many other threads required attention, but I saw the segment on Fox last night that lkdr1989 posted above, watched it twice and got a sample of the book on my Kindle.

Interesting. Something new to mull over.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Expanding this a bit: