SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jordan Peterson: Zen Master
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jordan Peterson: Zen Master Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
quote:

I think you were trying to post this:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSErYhxNLX0

JP

No, not that. Looks like it's been taken down.

yes, this is the 10:06 link I was trying to reference.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Finally encouraging news. He seems to have turned a corner. This is his daughter’s podcast. They talk all about his harrowing & strange experience. It’s not a fun listen, but I’m glad to hear he seems to be on the mend.

https://youtu.be/HLWgVpmo1e0

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I have that loaded up and will listen to it tomorrow.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Last night I watched him teach from the Bible. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
See if you can digest this morsel. You may require an antacid afterwards. Then again, the truth is often unpalatable.

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.

The effort of that, boarders on insanity.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, that wasn't his point in that clip.

Here's another profound one.

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Finally encouraging news. He seems to have turned a corner. This is his daughter’s podcast. They talk all about his harrowing & strange experience. It’s not a fun listen, but I’m glad to hear he seems to be on the mend.

https://youtu.be/HLWgVpmo1e0

Yeah, I watched that this morning. Tough to see him so vulnerable. Good to have people in your life that don't stop trying to find a solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I miss JP. He's the voice to smite down this insurrection. However just as his message intended, it's up to the individual to stand up and do it for ourselves because no one else will do it for us. And to remain silent or to pander to what we know is wrong is to lie in our own coffin for them to nail it shut and die a coward. And it doesn't really count to stand up with no consequence on the line. It only matters when your entire life is at stake, which certainly seems to be for many, and getting closer by the minute for the rest of us.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6963 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
< snip >Tough to see him so vulnerable. Good to have people in your life that don't stop trying to find a solution.

I had almost the opposite reaction.

His willingness to lay bare the terrible ordeal he has endured is so consistent with who he is at his core, i.e., a teacher, it made me smile. With Mikhalia's help he took this opportunity to teach the world about the hazards of long-term benzodiazepine use. The basis is not just intellectual "book learning" it is his personal experience, which makes what he said all the more important.

He also showed again what a humble man he is, expressing his profound amazement that so many were so worried about him.

What is sad is the collective consciousness seems to be lumping him in with every other celebrity whose fall from grace stemmed from abuse of prescribed drugs or street drugs. His case is different in that he was taking the medication as prescribed, yet it had this horrific effect which no one understood.

I walked away from that podcast thinking "Thank you God, for bringing him back to us intact" though I do know from my own recent experience with being in a coma that he still has a long road of recovery ahead of him.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
< snip >Tough to see him so vulnerable. Good to have people in your life that don't stop trying to find a solution.

I had almost the opposite reaction.

His willingness to lay bare the terrible ordeal he has endured is so consistent with who he is at his core, i.e., a teacher, it made me smile. With Mikhalia's help he took this opportunity to teach the world about the hazards of long-term benzodiazepine use. The basis is not just intellectual "book learning" it is his personal experience, which makes what he said all the more important.

He also showed again what a humble man he is, expressing his profound amazement that so many were so worried about him.

What is sad is the collective consciousness seems to be lumping him in with every other celebrity whose fall from grace stemmed from abuse of prescribed drugs or street drugs. His case is different in that he was taking the medication as prescribed, yet it had this horrific effect which no one understood.

I walked away from that podcast thinking "Thank you God, for bringing him back to us intact" though I do know from my own recent experience with being in a coma that he still has a long road of recovery ahead of him.

What hit me was that he had to stop the interview because of what the stress was doing to him. I'm not implying weakness, just the frailty of human existence. Sobering is probably a better word than tough.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubdubu
posted Hide Post
He has just posted this video on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_6zwVNn88o

Posts: 68 | Location: St Louis Co, Mo | Registered: November 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
^ Very happy to see this. I truly enjoy his work and listening to him. The man has just walked through two years of hell. Bless him.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GOOD!!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
So happy to see he's getting back in the saddle.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ng-book-blacklisted/

Penguin Random House Employees Want Jordan Peterson’s Upcoming Book Blacklisted

“Several Penguin Random House Canada employees confronted management about the company’s decision to publish a new book by controversial Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson at an emotional town hall Monday,” reports the far-left Vice News, “and dozens more have filed anonymous complaints, according to four workers[.]”

Peterson’s newest book , Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life, a sequel to his 2018 cultural blockbuster 12 Rules for Life, is set to hit bookstores in March.

One person told Vice, “people were crying in the meeting about how Jordan Peterson has affected their lives” and that person “discussed how Peterson had radicalized their father and another talked about how publishing the book will negatively affect their non-binary friend.”

People were “crying.”

The richest, most privileged generation in the history of the world, spoiled babies who carry access to the world’s knowledge, access to almost every book ever written and movie ever made, in their pocket

Food is cheap.

Energy is cheap.

Health care is verging into miracle territory.

They enjoy free time unlike anyone has ever seen. They live in a country so tolerant the media are forced to invent fake hate crimes.

And still these squealing little, gerbil-crybullies are cry-bullying because a book publisher is going to publish a book that contains ideas they disagree with.

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

No kidding.

If you woke up in the US today, chances are exceptionally high it was in a warm bed, you simply turned a faucet to get pure water and found plenty of food to eat in your kitchen. That puts you ahead of most of the humans that have ever lived on Earth.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I read his book last January. There were things in there that made me think, and I hope made me a better person ( I hope that a lot, sometimes I think it even happens). I'll buy his next one, I'll read it and I'll see what happens.

Now even though I read the book, have tried to add some of his thinking to how I run my life I'm not perfect and I hope these cancelling weasels choke on their own vile spit. Maybe after the next book I'll be more forgiving but I hope not.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chad mattson
posted Hide Post
I think companies should allow for corporal punishment when employees react that irrational. You don’t agree with his ideas so you’re brought to tears because the company you work for is publishing said ideas. That is unhinged and requires a mental health expert’s intervention.

Posts: 201 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Professor Peterson is giving intellectual canapés from his new work Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life, scheduled for release March 2, 2021

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/grhlTFPaMaw

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post