SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jordan Peterson: Zen Master
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jordan Peterson: Zen Master Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 83845 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I had never heard of Pepe.

Posts: 7513 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Pepe is the master of Kek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be unpredictable at times. Only boring, dull-witted people never stray from the path. - Para

Totus Tuus

Posts: 5023 | Location: Philadelphia, Pa | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Reeee Wink

quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:

Pepe is the master of Kek.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 3234 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
I've also been turned on to JP in the last few months. I admire the man. And I'm reading and watching more of his work as time permits.

----------------------------------
“The problem isn’t that Johnny can’t read. The problem isn’t even that Johnny
can’t think. The problem is that Johnny doesn’t know what thinking is; he confuses
it with feeling.” - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2275 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had never heard of Pepe...or Alex Jones...or "the alt-Right" at all either....until the Leftist media started whining about them so persistently that I looked them up to see what it was about!

You see, the Left creates boogeymen of racism, hatred, and bigotry to justify their own REAL racism, hatred, and bigotry.
Because it is OK to hate White Christians if they are "racists" ...right ?
It is OK to be bigoted against "bigots"...right?
It is OK to hate a "hater"...right ?

With all this moral superiority they are fully justified in preventing "hate speech", shouting down "bigots", stopping any "neo-nazis" from marching, etc, etc, etc....

Then, if there is any push-back from anyone who wants to exercise their rights, they immediately collapse into "victim" mode.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6388 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I did some research on Pepe the Frog and its supposed symbolism. Sounds like even the ADL recognizes that most uses are benign. Further that its appropriation as an alt-right symbol were largely deliberate acts to poke the alt-left. The proverbial tempest in a teacup. Mountain out of molehill....you get the picture Wink

Posts: 7513 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Trolling on the highest level. I think it was a reaction to political correctness to show how unbelievably stupid PC is.

Pepe to me seems akin to a meme of Minny Mouse holding a Sig and saying "Guns save Mouse lives" or "An armed Mouse is in the House" or even Heller Kitty

quote:
I did some research on Pepe the Frog and its supposed symbolism. Sounds like even the ADL recognizes that most uses are benign. Further that its appropriation as an alt-right symbol were largely deliberate acts to poke the alt-left. The proverbial tempest in a teacup. Mountain out of molehill....you get the picture Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lkdr1989,

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 3234 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A change of pace for JP but in the end, as always, a lesson.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t64RSiUzgvc

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 4959 | Location: Columbia, Illinois | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Dr. Peterson on tonight's Greg Gutfeld Show:

https://youtu.be/KTcbzzxkUr0

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I was surprised to see Prof Peterson on GG; he gave by far the most serious responses I've ever seen on the show.

“Little else is requisite to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice: all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things.”--Adam Smith, born June 16, 1723

Posts: 13919 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
lkdr1989: that is one of the best videos I have watched in a long time. It is really profound.

It's the podcast link you originally posted and have taken down.

Here is the youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...e=2964&v=23dArPpXgCM

Peterson never has 3 hours to talk, as he does here. Also, Jocko asks great questions and observations, and also shuts up and lets Peterson talk. It's a long video, but it's absolutely great.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 9958 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When you get close to the Truth, this is the kind of thing that happens. Rejoice, gentlemen. Even though the hit piece is ethically wrong, its existence is evidence that Mr. Peterson is frightening the right people, so, be happy.

In a free society, one does not have to deal with those who are irrational. One is free to avoid them. - Ayn Rand

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
We have a half a dozen tickets to go see him in a couple of weeks. My two sons who are young men now have been listening to him for well over two years now. They turned me onto him about three months ago. I often listen to them while working in the shop.

My youngest son has started to do the self authoring bits from Maps of meaning while my eldest son did a very thorough review of the Maps of Meaning. I believe the lecture we are going to go see is about his new book - the 12 rules for life.

Knowing how many people (albeit mostly young males) who listen to him is quite encouraging.

Again the reach of the Internet exceeds anything we can ever had before well beyond universities, libraries/books, television, … The reach is just truly incredible.

One of the running jokes around the house is trying in a Canadian accent to emulate JP: “I’m nawght doin’ it. I’m just nawght goonnah doo it.” Smile

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 22849 | Location: Row 2F | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I just purchased his book it will be hear tomorrow. He is so articulate even my wife's liberal friends agree.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8000 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10433 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just listened to both over the weekend during a long-drive.

Not sure exactly when both of these were recorded but, they were released within a week of each other. Safe to say Peterson is making the media rounds.

Posts: 8025 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
JP owning another ignorant talking head:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhQBkb2zkzo

Posts: 10433 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post