SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jordan Peterson: Zen Master
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jordan Peterson: Zen Master Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Pre-ordered it. One of the recourses we have is to make sure there is strong demand for works like this.

Blocking publication or distribution of this book will "negatively affect" everyone, including the employee's non-binary friend. Suppression of free expression does not end well in any society that has tried it.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some good insight to what's going on across The Pond in the UK....

Posts: 14537 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well worth the time to watch. So relevant. No wonder the left hates and fears the man- he's got their number.

Posts: 107180 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
" so they're wrong that way too" Big Grin

Guy is a Jedi

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6956 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Listen to what he has to say.
I found nothing to disagree with.
The man is a treasure.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31346 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Peterson.

Maybe I missed something in the news recently. Is he sick? He doesn't look good compared to the way looked 2 year ago.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
You could always do a web search. Try it.

Posts: 3364 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I like Peterson.

Maybe I missed something in the news recently. Is he sick? He doesn't look good compared to the way looked 2 year ago.

Two years ago he was nearly dead. As in a coma. On his YT channel is a video about it.

ETA. His latest book details what happened.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31346 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benzodiazapine addiction to begin with.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Amazing what getting sober (stopping benzos n’ booze) and finding God does to a man. Keep on keeping on JP!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He announced that he has resigned from being a tenured professor at University of Toronto.

Doesn’t say he was fired.

Posts: 4731 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Resigned. Pretty hard to get fired from a tenured position except for plagerism and sexual relationships with students.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Jordan Peterson just wrapped up a reportedly 4.5 hour discussion with Joe Rogan. Should be an interesting episode. Will post a link as soon as it drops.

Peterson looking pretty dope:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30280 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Here's the link to the episode with Jordan Peterson on Joe Rogan.

https://open.spotify.com/episo...utm_source=copy-link

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30280 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Here's the link to the episode with Jordan Peterson on Joe Rogan.

https://open.spotify.com/episo...utm_source=copy-link

Thanks, got it on now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13937 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Interesting episode. Does Rogan usually cut off his guests like that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13937 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Just finished it. There was some talking over each other and cutting off. JP tends to get going and kinda mag dumps his thoughts and ideas out on Full Auto. Rogan got in the way a few times, got mowed down. Big Grin

JP seems almost caffeinated a little. Looks sharp though.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6956 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
Interesting episode. Does Rogan usually cut off his guests like that?

No not usually. Unless his guest says something that Rogan feels needs more clarification. I think that comes from him being accused so many times of allowing his guests say things that aren't necessarily true. But that's usually with guests like Alex Jones. I would expect him to just let someone like Jordan Peterson say whatever he wants. But yes, JP can get going letting out his thoughts without any apparent endpoint.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
For Xmas my wife got me tickets to one of his lectures.

Posts: 7494 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My buddy just picked up tickets to see him in Austin tomorrow night.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)