SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jordan Peterson: Zen Master
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jordan Peterson: Zen Master Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I know this video will anger most of you and believe me, I am right there with you, but watch the man's behavior in the midst of this puerile insanity and listen to what he says at the end:

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107173 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I guess I went to boring colleges, or maybe my generation just had more sense...

We never shouted people down. You just listened to what they had to say and then made up your own mind about what was right or wrong. Or you could just walk out if you didn't want to listen.

These kids aren't learning anything except how to be idiots.

I have trouble remaining calm like he does.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What composure that man has! His calmness and restraint is a model to remember if I'm ever in a situation like the one in the video.

Posts: 4973 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
"If you are an idiot (or, group of), remain silent, lest you open your mouth and remove all doubt."

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
But that's not happening, is it? Quite the opposite, actually. So, pay attention to Mr. Peterson.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
But that's not happening, is it? Quite the opposite, actually. So, pay attention to Mr. Peterson.

My apologies, I couldn't listen to the whole thing in one sitting. Stupidity becomes harder and harder to tolerate as I get older.

Mr Peterson has some interesting things to say, despite being Canadian. I am not well versed in his dogma, but can't fault him for the things he says in the face of what he was forced to endure in the video.

The crowd, however, is filled with fail. How can college alumni, who will rule Canada one day, discount the freedom of expression that Mr. Peterson has propagated?

Canada, as I have brought out many times, has proven what it is and what it represents.

H&K-Guy

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter if it happened in Canada or California or Caracas. The man is demonstrating mechanisms for coping with stupid leftis shit.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

H&K-Guy

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That man has Kwai Chang Caine beat.

As for the protestors, I bet their mommies and daddies are real proud of them.

Posts: 26838 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
There is nothing more pathetically sad than the certainty of the ignorant in the correctness of their position.

One thing he does say that intrigued me. That there are factions whose real purpose is to sustain conflict. Which side they're on doesn't really matter, they just want the conflict to continue and to avoid the possibility of gaining consensus.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19553 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Antifafascists are like Islamofascists.

Same thought processes.

Similar attire (e.g., black masks).

Same behavior.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31346 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Google/Youtube shut down his account until there was sufficient backlash that they turned his account back on.

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, my goodness, I can see how massive doses of truth and reality might traumatize the snowflakes. Clearly, Jordan Peterson is a racist fascist hate monger and needs to be suppressed.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the posting. I recommend a perusal of both his Web page and YouTube channel; it will take some time.

He seems a stellar example of Kipling's poem If.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
The man is right. Intellect and commitment will win eventually. The road to the end will be long and painful though.

The antifas have no long term commitment, this is simply today's argument. They will get bored and move on.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20291 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am old... my cognition is not what it was.

So... what are the idiots protesting? He seems a highly intelligent and reasonable speaker.

I have to think that would be a target rich environment... that is why he is on the national stage as a peace-maker and I am not.

I look forward to living another ten or so years and see where the "protestors" end up in their lives.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2081 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
I am old... my cognition is not what it was.

So... what are the idiots protesting? He seems a highly intelligent and reasonable speaker.

I have to think that would be a target rich environment... that is why he is on the national stage as a peace-maker and I am not.

I look forward to living another ten or so years and see where the "protestors" end up in their lives.

I don't recall if it's a proposed federal law in Canada, or just a university regulation, but there's a rule in the works he's opposed to that would require you to refer to someone with whatever so-called gender pronoun they demand. That's why in the video the snowlfakes keep talking about "my pronouns."

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't recall if it's a proposed federal law in Canada, or just a university regulation, but there's a rule in the works he's opposed to that would require you to refer to someone with whatever so-called gender pronoun they demand. That's why in the video the snowlfakes keep talking about "my pronouns."

It's a Federal Law (C-16) not only would you be required to use the demanded, ever changing, pronoun of choice, your employer would be responsible for making certain that you did.

Since Para posted this I have been spending a few hours each day watching Jordan Peterson's videos. He has many of his lectures posted.
It has been well worth my time.

Search you tube for Jordan B. Peterson "Every woman needs to see this!" this should open your eyes and reinforce your opinions. There is also an excellent interview with Peterson by Mark Steyn

Peterson has an amazing ability to stay calm, put his thoughts together, and then say exactly what he thinks.
I think he is an excellent psychology professor and also has an excellent grasp of political philosophy. He is definitely on our side.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I tend to be a day late and a dollar short with my "news" posts - always seeming to be jib jab. But I haven't seen this new Jordan Peterson video posted anywhere. He handles this ultra-leftist, ultra-manipulative british reporter as masterfully as I have seen anyone ever do it.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
I tend to be a day late and a dollar short with my "news" posts - always seeming to be jib jab. But I haven't seen this new Jordan Peterson video posted anywhere. He handles this ultra-leftist, ultra-manipulative british reporter as masterfully as I have seen anyone ever do it.

I've been watching Jordan Peterson videos and lectures for a few months now, he is terrific and I've learned so much and there is so much more to learn.

That woman is completely out of her element, she has no knowledge of the topic and no desire to learn anything because she thinks she knows it all. She didn't even know what "equality of opportunity" and "equality of outcome" are. I love the way she says Peterson is making wildly gross generalizations but it is really her making those wildly gross generalizations.

She is typical of the elitist posturing we see in all liberals.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post