SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another Supreme Court pick on the way for President Trump?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Supreme Court pick on the way for President Trump? Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I am surprised Grassley said that. There have been rumors for the last six months about Kennedy but nothing solid. I just wonder if he knows anything and if he does why would he say something? It's like dropping leaflets to the libs telling them you might drop a bomb months before you do. Don't give them time to set up.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Did she fall asleep during arguments, or was it some other non-judicial function, like a SOTU, forced to listen to some gas bag passed her bedtime?
I don't think the SOTU address being past her bedtime was the biggest issue.

Justice Ginsburg: Not '100% sober' at State of the Union
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
It's like dropping leaflets to the libs telling them you might drop a bomb months before you do.
Its called 'prolonged misery', and I'm all for it. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
All of the Justices have hired their full complement of 4 clerks for the next term. This would suggest that Kennedy is not planning to retire, as Justices would typically only hire one clerk if they are thinking of retiring.
I just read today that Kennedy had not interviewed any clerks yet. I gotta go find that article.

Check out the link that JALLEN posted above.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Its called 'prolonged misery', and I'm all for it. Smile

This.

They shot their wad with Justice Gorsuch and now they can suffer long for it. Chuckie forced the nuclear option and stirred shit for no reason other than to appease the ultra-left (and for fundraising sake of course, never waste an opportunity to separate money from the rubes...).

I say telegraph loud and proud every possible SCOTUS appointment. Hell start rumors that all of the conservative justices are eyeing retirement. Start tossing names out of potential appointees who are ultra-conservative to the point that Gorsuch is the left-most appointment ever from a Republican president.

For causing this misery, I would feel the joy felt by a 7-year old burning ants with a magnifying glass on a hot summer day.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has to be Kennedy if true. No way Breyer or the Notorious RBG leave without a tie tag. Unlikely either of them would leak info to Grassley.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
We could get lucky. Breyer and Ginsburg are both approaching death by old age. The right three vacancies right now would suit me just fine.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I want the next SC nominee to make Justice Scalia look like a left wing loon.

And I want that trash bag Chucky Schumer to whine and cry crocodile tears throughout the entire process. Smile

You made your bed Chucky, now lie down and roll around with the fleas.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

And I want that trash bag Chucky Schumer to whine and cry crocodile tears throughout the entire process. Smile

Only right wing loons want that.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
So I'm a right wing loon for wanting a VERY strict constitutionalist? I'm ok with that Smile

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I'm a right wing loon for wanting a strict constitutionalist? I'm ok with that Smile

That's not what you said. You want one that makes Scalia, a strict constructionist, look like a left wing loon. That would take some doing, and might not work the way you think, if you will allow the assumption.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The good news is that it will only take 50 republicans - 2 of the RINOs can peel off and he or she can still be confirmed. That's a lot more do-able than trying to get 8 of the left wing lunatics to go along with a nominee.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I do not want justices to rubber stamp my personal beliefs. I want them to strictly interpret the constitution as written. They are THE final arbiters of the law. I may agree, I may not agree. But I DO NOT WANT them to pass legislation from the bench as so may left wing loons love to do. If they rule in a way I do not believe, so be it. I will lobby my congress critters to change the law. That is their job and what I (we) elect them to do.

And yes, I want a justice even STRICTER than Justice Scalia. I want the left to BEG for someone in his mold. I want the left to call him a centerist, dare I say liberal. Possible? I have no idea. Above all though, I want a court that does not try to pass legislation under the guise of the law. Enough "proud latinas" are already doing that.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not want justices to rubber stamp my personal beliefs. I want them to strictly interpret the constitution as written. They are THE final arbiters of the law. I may agree, I may not agree. But I DO NOT WANT them to pass legislation from the bench as so may left wing loons love to do. If they rule in a way I do not believe, so be it. I will lobby my congress critters to change the law. That is their job and what I (we) elect them to do.

And yes, I want a justice even STRICTER than Justice Scalia. I want the left to BEG for someone in his mold. I want the left to call him a centerist, dare I say liberal. Possible? I have no idea. Above all though, I want a court that does not try to pass legislation under the guise of the law. Enough "proud latinas" are already doing that.

IOW, a right wing loon.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nah, we just want judges to JUDGE, not make shit up by crapping in their hands and picking the peanuts they ate yesterday out of it, then interpreting the quality of the pooped peanut, and feeling for the farmerhand the picked the peanut, before they eat the peanut again.

Read the law, read the constitution and Judge.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
And yes, if this happens between now and mid 2019 (SCOTUS pick for Trump), the left is gonna LOSE ITS SHIT, in such an epic manner that it will be a sight to behold (and record for all future generations to see).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
So I'm a right wing loon for wanting a strict constitutionalist? I'm ok with that Smile

That's not what you said. You want one that makes Scalia, a strict constructionist, look like a left wing loon. That would take some doing, and might not work the way you think, if you will allow the assumption.

No one wants to make Scalia look like anything but Scalia. I just hope Gorsuch doesn't go Kennedy on us.
As JALLEN has pointed out, you never really know what you're going to get until they've been there awhile.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I just hope Gorsuch doesn't go Kennedy on us.

Times 100. If he stays the same course as he has his entire carreer , we have nothing to worry about.

One thing I will give the lefties is that they NEVER deviate from their ideological positions. The left has a way of programming their politicians and judges that I cannot fathom. It's almost like Soviet military doctrine vs. American military doctrine. One is rigid and unwavering, one gives more latitude to the lower levels so they may adapt to the changing field while keeping the commmanders (i.e. Founding Fathers) intent in focus.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ted Nugent? Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Ted Nugent? Big Grin

The Nuge! You know he'd be packing a 10mm under his robe Smile

Picture of JordanR
posted Hide Post
hope to god almighty it RBG, that witch of a person has done enough damage to this country and is, at best, an embarrassment to the high court.

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. You’re going to say, ‘Please, Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much,’” he vowed.

Posts: 564 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post