SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 NHL Playoff Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 NHL Playoff Thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter who you were pulling for in Game 2 of the Caps/Jackets, that was a good game.

I think this is one of the more entertaining match-ups so far.

Glad to see the Jackets wake up and start playing after spotting the Caps multiple goals AGAIN!

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Even though Vegas leads the series 3-0; it's been a pretty close series.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Even though Vegas leads the series 3-0; it's been a pretty close series.

Those 2 goals 20 seconds apart for the Knights were devastating.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Think the damn Kings Re going to get swept. Just terrible offensively.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to wonder what happened to the Capitals!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm starting to wonder what happened to the Capitals!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they are the Capitals. Per hockey history, they don't do well in the playoff's.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Major Bruins fan here (Born in RI, lived in Mass for years!). I've really been enjoying the playoffs this year. There have been some great games for sure.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
If only NBC would get rid of Pierre, Tilbury, Keith Jones, & Roenick; watching the playoffs would be so much better.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they just got rid of Piere Mcanoying it would be great. I wish they would just broadcast the sound from the ice.

Posts: 1788 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Had a couple of the grandkids over last night and was only able to catch the Boston-Toronto game.

Toronto's goalie had a pretty nice save toward the end of the game:

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I didn’t think Bruins could sweep the Leafs but I do think they have the momentum to get to the next round.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
CoolRich...the B's are the ONLY team you need to watch. Or the Predators... Razz

PD...Yup...B's in 5 but no more than 6. I don't think Toronto has what it takes to get it to 7. Pastrnak was just snake-bit last night...he had a good 3 or 4 chances to tie the game and just couldn't find the twine. Couldn't stand Marleau when he was with San Jose and can't doubly stand him now. Mad

I had totally forgotten about Brandon Carlo...what kind of injury has kept him out for so long??? Red Face Nevermind...fractured left ankle. Will miss the playoffs yet again... Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Parise is out for the remainder of the series at least w/ a fractured sternum. That's lots of firepower out between Suter and him.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Real class act, Hedman.

And no supplemental discipline...was no discipline to begin with, no penalty called.

Glad the Devils won it at least

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1zf8oBeJcrY

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Many series getting nastier.

Morrissey given 1 game suspension for cross checking Eric Staal in the head. No call by the refs, probably cost Minnesota the game.

Kucherov with a questionable hit on Sami Vatanen & no penalty. Looked like a head hit. Will Player Safety let this go? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pens looked good for 2 games in a row.

Vegas vs Sharks (presumably) looks like it will be a good series.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrbill345,

There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Freeking MN. Wild.

They really needed to win this first game to have a chance in the series.

Nope.

Yet another underachieving year for the Wild. I just cannot get behind these guys. Maybe I'm still pissed at Norm Green or maybe the younger Wild players don't have any guts or all the playoff disappointments, but I just don't give a rat's tuchas about the Wild.

quote:
Parise is out for the remainder of the series at least w/ a fractured sternum. That's lots of firepower out between Suter and him.

And a whole lotta payroll sitting out, watching the game from home, licking their wounds.

These guys are getting paid an awful lot of money for being so decrepit.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Bruins will be 3-1 after tonight Big Grin

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wow. Back to home ice advantage and a race to two. Holtby looked good, it's nice having a Vezina trophy winner as a backup goalie.

Go Caps!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Win or lose I'm proud of my team. Far exceeded expectations this year. This team is finally on the right track. Hopefully, if we pick wisely in the next couple of years we might just make some noise in four to five years.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep... Jackets laid an egg last night. To be honest, Holtby wasn't even tested.

I look at it this way, if we keep on track and the road team keeps winning, Jackets take it in 7 Smile

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post