SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 NHL Playoff Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 NHL Playoff Thread Login/Join 
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Vegas / SJ:
That goaltender interference call looks really questionable. Jones's stick handle was well outside the crease when Marshessault contacted it. What was he supposed to do, skate around it? I think Vegas got the shaft!

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2078 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Folks this is one of the most dangerous stunts I've ever seen pulled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_CLAsofEuA

Rask is basically throwing in anger a stainless steel knife. If that would have hit another player or ended up in the stands. He should have been tossed from the game and suspended as well.

Skate blades can do some damage but loose from a skate are not equal to a knife. Looks like he threw is into the boards. Was there anyone in the way of where he threw it.

I can understand his frustration but he should have tried to make a play. Looked like he was mostly trying to get the ref to blow a whistle. Have to play till you hear a whistle. Trying to get the ref to look at you and blow a whistle when the other team it shooting is a losing battle.

I don't know the call here. I know if the goalies mask comes off the play is blown dead right away for safety reasons. I think if Boston had gotten the puck they would have blown the play dead. TB had control.

I guess I'm the only one who reacted this way. If you could guarantee that blade wouldn't somehow make it into the stands it would be no big deal. I just found this to be dangerous. Clint Malarchuk and Richard Zednik might agree with me. Maybe.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Folks this is one of the most dangerous stunts I've ever seen pulled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_CLAsofEuA

Rask is basically throwing in anger a stainless steel knife. If that would have hit another player or ended up in the stands. He should have been tossed from the game and suspended as well.

Skate blades can do some damage but loose from a skate are not equal to a knife. Looks like he threw is into the boards. Was there anyone in the way of where he threw it.

I can understand his frustration but he should have tried to make a play. Looked like he was mostly trying to get the ref to blow a whistle. Have to play till you hear a whistle. Trying to get the ref to look at you and blow a whistle when the other team it shooting is a losing battle.

I don't know the call here. I know if the goalies mask comes off the play is blown dead right away for safety reasons. I think if Boston had gotten the puck they would have blown the play dead. TB had control.

I guess I'm the only one who reacted this way. If you could guarantee that blade wouldn't somehow make it into the stands it would be no big deal. I just found this to be dangerous. Clint Malarchuk and Richard Zednik might agree with me. Maybe.

The skate blade weighs a couple of ounces and is relatively harmless once off the boot. Rask overreacted for certain - if he was that concerned he could have just pushed the net off the moorings to stop play and blamed it on his balance/lost blade.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
What was he supposed to do, skate around it?

By rule, yes.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Yep no different than any other player losing a skate or breaking a stick.

It can be argued, though, that a forward or defenseman can easily get to the bench to be immediately replaced by another player. Not so much a goalie.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3446 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Locally, the broken skate has been discussed ad nauseum. Despite being obvious homers, all the TV sports guys agree the officials made the right call.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Caps/Pens game was fun to watch today. Good win by the Caps.

Still not sure if the nongoal by Pens was good or not.

Should have been a call on the slash to Smith-Pelly when he went into the net. Took away a scoring chance and was definitely a slash/tripping.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Correct "non" call re: Tuukka's skate blade. And goalies have been forewarned.

Yeah...Hellebuyck was el fuego!!! Eek Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Officiating remains terrible.

Wilson should have been penalized & should be suspended.

My predictions for this round:
Vegas, Nashville, Washington, & Boston

I also hope the NHL loses its head injury lawsuit and that Bettman, Daly, & Campbell end up fired.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looked like a goal to me. Thanks Stormwalker for posting the pic...

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:

Looked like a goal to me. Thanks Stormwalker for posting the pic...

Could just be some ice in front of puck. Also no goal call live, if they called goal, I'd say confirmation was right.

Smith-pelly non call complete miss.

Either way back to home ice advantage. Go Caps!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Even if the Penguins goal was allowed they still would have been down by one. It may have changed momentum, energy, strategy, or whatever, but ultimately the margin was three goals, not one.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Officiating remains terrible.

I also hope the NHL loses its head injury lawsuit and that Bettman, Daly, & Campbell end up fired.

I've thought Bettman should have been fired about 10 years ago, and I'm a Nashville born Preds fan so I don't even know what the hell is happening about half the time... Confused Wink

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Bettman got the job, somebody tossed him a puck. He spent ten minutes trying to open it...

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
The Preds/Jets game last night was some great hockey, IMO. Fun to watch.

4-4 into OT. Home crowd noise.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
No hearing for Tom Wilson. He & Ovechkin did the same type of hit in the Columbus series. It appears the NHL either doesn’t care about head injuries, is protecting Wilson, or both.

This kind of makes me long for some old time hockey, to have someone lay out Wilson or one of the other players as a message; since the league itself isn’t willing to put deed to words.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Round 2, game 3 Pens v Caps

Wilson is a piece of shit.
That is all.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wilson is a piece of shit.

Agreed.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Wilson & Ovechkin head hunting against Columbus:

against Pittsburgh:

Tonight:

No suspensions yet. This is a league that is the subject of a head injury lawsuit.