SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 NHL Playoff Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 NHL Playoff Thread Login/Join 
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Toronto was able to win over the Bruins and the referees, but won't win the series.

Avs have put up a decent series, but Nashville will win that series.
Penguins don't seem to want to win. If the Flyers win the series, the Caps may actually make it out of the second round.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I may need a cardiologist before the playoffs are over.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
SHARKS!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Toronto was able to win over the Bruins and the referees, but won't win the series.

Well the Bruins didn't skate in the first two periods. If they had skated in the first two like they skated in the third, they probably wouldn't be on a plane to Toronto right now. Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Penguins don't seem to want to win. If the Flyers win the series, the Caps may actually make it out of the second round.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
We want pens, we want pens, we want pens!

Caps, Caps, caps!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
On one hand, I want the Preds and the Sharks to advance through the second round quickly.

On the other hand, that would leave me terribly conflicted for the WC Finals.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
On one hand, I want the Preds and the Sharks to advance through the second round quickly.

Wait a minute..... Are you not from here??? Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
quote:

...is anyone living in Nashville actually from Nashville?

Razz

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
quote:

...is anyone living in Nashville actually from Nashville?

Razz

Well, yes.
My wife's family dates back 5 generations on both sides. On my side, my great grandfather moved here (from the family farm in the Scottsville, KY area--about an hour or so away) around 1897.
When I grew up in the 60's & 70's, virtually everyone I went to school with had parents who grew up with my dad, etc. (Sadly, my mom didn't grow up here. She was from Chicago, and arrived in Nashville in 1958 after graduating from Duke University Medical School with her Physical Therapy degree in order to work at Vanderbilt Hospital). We have six kids, who just add to the time frame of our family existence here.

My wife & I both discuss leaving Nashville on a regular basis these days, as we can't believe what's happened to our former beautiful city. The recent transplants are determined to wreck Nashville (example, the former mayor--a disgrace). And, the idiot transit plan is a farce. If a person grew up in Nashville, they would know that it's a ridiculous idea to try to dig a tunnel in Nashville. We have Limestone all over the place, & if they think they can drill a tunnel for transit, they need to be committed.

At least we also own a house in Chattanooga,
and may end up there after the youngest finishes college (maybe six years or so).
I used to say there would never be a reason for me to leave Nashville. With the all the recent arrival of idiots (what, the Waffle House shooter arrived here a few months ago from IL?? Mad), I think, maybe, Nashville has finally lost its charm... But go Preds!!!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Well, living in Nashville is still a fair sight better than in the Bay Area. The time may come when I want to leave, but I hold out hope that sanity will prevail.

I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
The NHL finally got its act together & announced a couple of the opening games for round 2 of the playoffs:

Thursday:
Pens at Caps at 7 p.m.
Sharks at Vegas 10 p.m.

Friday:
Jets at Predators 8 p.m.

Saturday:
If Boston wins - Boston at Tampa 3 p.m.
If Toronto wins - Leafs at Tampa 8 p.m.

After that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well.....they eked it together.

B's had better put their cups on for Tampa Bay.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Thank you Pens!!!

On our heels most of the game but they never gave up.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Wow, Winnipeg's goalie was on fire last night, and their defense was very good.

Tough loss for my Preds.

I was born and raised Nashville, but no longer live there.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Can’t wait for Bruins to start their next series today but I don’t know how anyone will get past Vegas. These guys are scary good.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Folks this is one of the most dangerous stunts I've ever seen pulled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_CLAsofEuA

Rask is basically throwing in anger a stainless steel knife. If that would have hit another player or ended up in the stands. He should have been tossed from the game and suspended as well.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Folks this is one of the most dangerous stunts I've ever seen pulled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_CLAsofEuA

Rask is basically throwing in anger a stainless steel knife. If that would have hit another player or ended up in the stands. He should have been tossed from the game and suspended as well.

Skate blades can do some damage but loose from a skate are not equal to a knife. Looks like he threw is into the boards. Was there anyone in the way of where he threw it.

I can understand his frustration but he should have tried to make a play. Looked like he was mostly trying to get the ref to blow a whistle. Have to play till you hear a whistle. Trying to get the ref to look at you and blow a whistle when the other team it shooting is a losing battle.

I don't know the call here. I know if the goalies mask comes off the play is blown dead right away for safety reasons. I think if Boston had gotten the puck they would have blown the play dead. TB had control.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
AFAIK There is no rule for stoppage of play if a player (goaltender or other) loses a blade.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know the call here. I know if the goalies mask comes off the play is blown dead right away for safety reasons. I think if Boston had gotten the puck they would have blown the play dead. TB had control

Yep no different than any other player losing a skate or breaking a stick. It's no a player safety situation. He should have blocked as much of the goal as possible and prayed for a stop or turnover.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/jNmSOwEdpus

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post