SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 NHL Playoff Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 NHL Playoff Thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Bruins fan here - but really enjoyed the Caps/Blue Jackets game.

In fact, all of the series are compelling.

Should be a fun April/May.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can Pierre Mguire even talk with Sydney Crosby’s cock in his mouth all the time?

Posts: 1788 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Hope the Avs have a good showing. No way they make it out the the first round.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Hope the Avs have a good showing. No way they make it out the the first round.

I approve of this message.

I'm totally good with them playing another good and close three games.

I enjoyed the turnaround in Pennsylvania.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
La-Vegas game going into 2nd OT tied 1-1, tough game...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Wow! What a game, Vegas finally wins it.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Garrrr Kings. Good game considering no Doughty, Muzzin, or Forbort. Great job by A-Mart stepping up for huuuuge minutes. Same for Fanta, they say he never played more than 20 minutes in an NHL game, played over 40. See what happens, hopefully with Dough back and maybe Muzz they can turn things around.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Wife, kiddo and I are heading to Pittsburgh tonight for game 2. Hoping for a repeat of game 1 Smile and lets get this series done in 4 and send the Flyers to the golf course where they belong Wink

That did not end well...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ASKSmith:
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Wife, kiddo and I are heading to Pittsburgh tonight for game 2. Hoping for a repeat of game 1 Smile and lets get this series done in 4 and send the Flyers to the golf course where they belong Wink

That did not end well...

Battle of Pennsylvania is shaping up nicely. Don't care much for blowouts, but when game 1 is a blowout for one team and game two is a blowout the other way, that can be entertaining down the line.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Can't believe no one is talking about the Red Wings. Oh wait...
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wild had better figure out that there are no less than THREE periods of hockey in a game. They have refused to show up for the third thusfar.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

I did not. Blowing a two goal lead, then blowing the lead again. They'll win home ice advantage back tonight hopefully.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The next Caps/Blues Jackets game is tomorrow, Sunday.

And I hope the Jackets take game 2. The Jackets are more than capable.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
No skin in the game this year, as the Blackhawks were just a wee bit off their game.

The Wild/Jets series is entertaining for me. Not a big Wild fan. Always been a Byfuglien fan since his days as a Thrasher.
His hit on Koivu was yyuuuggeee
Byfuglien plows Koivu

Reminded me of the hit he laid on Pronger back in 2010.
Byfuglien sends Pronger flying

So effortless...he's a big boy...watching him flatten others makes me giggle

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I suppose I should root for the Tampa Bay because that have something like five ex Rangers playing for them. Roll Eyes

I'd like to see the Knights in the finals as well.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Something is able to stop the Winnipeg Jets - Mother Nature.

Blizzard forces diversion of Winnipeg Jets' flight to Duluth
quote:
The Winnipeg Jets have been stopped — temporarily — by a whiteout.

Scott Brown, a spokesperson for Jets owner True North Sports & Entertainment, confirmed Saturday afternoon the Jets' plane, en route from Winnipeg to Minneapolis, was diverted to Duluth, Minn., about a 250-kilometre drive away.

The Jets are scheduled to play the Minnesota Wild in Game 3 of their first-round NHL playoffs series, which the Jets lead 2-0, on Sunday.

A blizzard is currently sweeping through the northern U.S., leading to numerous road closures and flights in and out of Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport being cancelled.

There was no immediate word on the Jets' next step — either to wait out the weather and fly in the evening when Minneapolis Airport may reopen, or try to bus to their destination.

Arriving at the Winnipeg airport before his flight Saturday, Winnipeg Jets forward Patrik Laine said he hoped for a landing in Minneapolis.

"I'm not flying the plane. I don't know about the weather," he said. "I'm just going to sit on the plane and hopefully we're going to land in Minneapolis."

A couple of early afternoon and evening flights to Minneapolis from Winnipeg's Richardson International Airport were cancelled due to the weather. Two flights to Toronto were also cancelled, due to an ice storm from the same weather system pounding the U.S.

Winnipegger Melanie Lee Lockhart told CBC News she was trying to drive into Minneapolis for a show Saturday and had to turn back.

"We got to 90 miles west of Minneapolis and winds were bad, highway was slippery, blowing snow was starting. When we saw the [National Weather Service] warning we pulled the plug."

The U.S. National Weather Service calls the blizzard "historic," adding up to 10 centimetres of snow an hour could fall in and near the Twin Cities.

"Total snow accumulations of [20-38 centimetres] are expected through Sunday from southwest Minnesota to east central Minnesota and northern Wisconsin," the service said. "Totals will taper off to [10-20 centimetres] across west central Minnesota."

Update: The Jets went back to Winnipeg & will try to get to Minneapolis tomorrow morning. The Airport hopes to open late tonight.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Turnabout is fair play I guess after the whiteout in Winnipeg

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
The whiteout turnabout - LOL.

Sharks/Ducks was a good game tonight.

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

I did not. Blowing a two goal lead, then blowing the lead again. They'll win home ice advantage back tonight hopefully.

The Crapitals did it again last night. If they keep this up they won't get to see their most hated opponent, the second round. Wink

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

The Crapitals did it again last night. If they keep this up they won't get to see their most hated opponent, the second round. Wink

We are looking like we won't have a chance to lose to Pittsburgh this year, so much for tradition.

Maybe we'll put our backup goalie in for game three. He does have the second best save percentage in the history of the Stanley cup, that's got to be worth something.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post