SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 NHL Playoff Thread
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 NHL Playoff Thread Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Yep, I'm really looking forward to it. Nashville needs to pick it up a notch.

Jim
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Like they did in game 6, eh??? Big Grin And coach needs to keep Hartnell in the line-up...he is skating with a YUGE purpose!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Happy to see the Predators eliminated.

I would like to see Vegas win the west and Tampa Bay the east.....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Happy to see the Predators eliminated.

I would like to see Vegas win the west and Tampa Bay the east.....
Agree with the first statement wholeheartedly. But I would prefer the Jets vs the Caps.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2082 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't see how the Caps can beat Tampa.

Jets-Knights series should be very entertaining !!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

There's only one way and his name is Holtby.

It's been a long, long time since I attended a Stanley Cup game, last time the freaking Detroit fans (and the fact we were way out gunned) ruined it for me. I'm getting a pair to a game if we somehow pull it off, and I'm taking my uncle who had me going to games at Capital Centre.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

It's been a long, long time since I attended a Stanley Cup game, last time the freaking Detroit fans (and the fact we were way out gunned) ruined it for me. I'm getting a pair to a game if we somehow pull it off, and I'm taking my uncle who had me going to games at Capital Centre.

I was at Game 5 vs Columbus, Game 5 vs Pittsburgh, will be at game 3 vs Tampa, and will be at game 3 in the Stanley Cup finals.

Lets Go Caps!

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Used to see games at the old Capital Center back when Lanway played without a helmet.

It's funny when I talk to younger fans and I tell them Alan May, who does commentary for the caps now, used to be an enforcer who didn't mind dropping the glove.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
Dominant win by the Caps tonight...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't mind any of these teams winning. Hoping for some close exciting games. I think I'm rooting for Ov most of all. Such fun, passionate, and awesome player. I would like to see him win one before he hangs 'em up. Would be cool for Vegas to complete their Cinderella story. Winnipeg and their crazy fans would be cool. TB would be my last choice, but I don't have anything against them. Here's to a good final couple rounds.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:

Until the third period. Caps dominated the first two but the third was crap. Tampa turned it on and the Caps slowed down. It worked last night with a 4 goal lead but they have to play 3 solid periods.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
5 on 5 the Caps are dominating TB.

Caps played 3 solid periods tonight and totally dominated TB. TB got two PP goals but that's all they had. 2nd PP was crap as Oshie's stick never made any contact with the TB player. The puck hit him in the face and that's it.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

Caps played 3 solid periods tonight and totally dominated TB. TB got two PP goals but that's all they had. 2nd PP was crap as Oshie's stick never made any contact with the TB player. The puck hit him in the face and that's it.

^^^Totally agree. First PP could have easily been called 4 on 4 as well.

Holy freaking snicht 2-0 lead coming home with two dominant performances. Verizon will be really Rocking the Red !!!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

^^^Totally agree. First PP could have easily been called 4 on 4 as well.

Holy freaking snicht 2-0 lead coming home with two dominant performances. Verizon will be really Rocking the Red !!!

Agreed first PP should have been 4 on 4. Definitely a hook and a hook on a player going to the net. I wonder how much Wilson rep. carried into that call. The hook should have been called but didn't matter in the end.

Kuzy is so talented. Watching the play where he passed it to Ovie I was like no way he can make the pass, just shoot it. To have the awareness to go to the backhand to make that pass after the D goes down to nothing short of world-class hockey. Not many guys in the league that could make that play.

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Until the third period. Caps dominated the first two but the third was crap. Tampa turned it on and the Caps slowed down. It worked last night with a 4 goal lead but they have to play 3 solid periods.

I don't know which game you were watching but I saw the Caps dominate a desperate Lightning AND score two goals in the third last night. I think finally beating Pittsburgh pushed the Caps game to a whole new level. We will see.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
The officiating remains horrible. Tampa should have had a hooking or slashing call on Wilson's penalty.

Wilson has some talent, I don't know why he resorts to garbage play. Ovechkin learned to stop jumping into players when making hits.

Just as a FYI, since Wilson came into the league, he's tied with Antione Roussel for the lead in penalty minutes with 806. And with 3 suspensions since October, he probably won't get the benefit of the doubt.

He's still pushing the BS that his hit on Aston-Reese was legal, despite video evidence to the contrary.

It will be interesting to see what wilson will do against Dustin Byfuglien (had to spell check that one) or Ryan Reeves.

The best thing is that I don't have to listen to Pierre during the Caps/Bolts games.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
quote:

I don't know which game you were watching but I saw the Caps dominate a desperate Lightning AND score two goals in the third last night. I think finally beating Pittsburgh pushed the Caps game to a whole new level. We will see.
Note that Comet24's post is dated May 12; he is talking about the first game. Smile

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2082 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
quote:

Last night yes and I posted that above. Check the date on this post it was about the first game against TB.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
This is interesting. Metro in DC could close before the games end if they go into overtime. To extend the hours someone has to pay. The Capitals or any team can not under some agreement.

Energy company Exelon is paying $100,000 for tonight's game and Qatar(yes the country) is paying for Thursday's game to extend hours. Wonder what kind of favors they are looking for.

metro

I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Kettle met the pot this time. Tom Wilson was on the receiving end of an illegal check. The icing was hearing him & Trotz complain about the same things he's been doing the whole playoffs.

Tom Wilson's comment"
quote:
I'm not here to complain about anything. I'm just talking about it for the better of the game and for the better of player safety.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Go Vegas!