SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photos of the USS Arizona...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photos of the USS Arizona... Login/Join 
posted
...from the Tucson Daily Star..

Link:

https://tucson.com/news/retrot...-674350ff0b87.html#1

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Some great pictures and history of the Arizona. Thanks

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I choke up every time over articles like this.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... thanks.

Always.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Great Article. I remember rendering honors to that great ship and it's crew in about 1973 while I was aboard the USS Truxton DLGN-35. We were on our way to our WestPac.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Amazing pics. Thanks for sharing

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic photos of both her glorious and tragic history.

Thank you for posting!

Rob

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The picture of the band members just a few hours before they all were killed is particularly haunting.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out this film; "Here Comes the Navy", from 1934, with James Cagney. The battleship scenes were filmed on the USS Arizona...

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I've had a few humbling experiences in life. One of them was standing on the USS Arizona Memorial.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
This was excellent. Thank you.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. A lot there I never knew before.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post