SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, I have a couple of AR-15s for you. **WINNERS in 1st post**
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For all military folks (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CG, NG, Reserve) past and present, I have a couple of AR-15s for you. **WINNERS in 1st post** Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Thank you all for your services and sacrifices.

If you or any of your family members fall into any of the mentioned categories, you are eligible.
Once again, I would love to hear stories and see pics, if you care to share.

The Karmanator will pick the winner on Veterans Day. Apology to folks in the ban territories.

The gun: I am the original owner of this Noveske N4 Light Carbine, purchased Oct. 2007. Bought it in the earliest days of Noveske, this is the original N4 that made the name Noveske famous. I have exactly 1200 rounds through this carbine in the early days, but it has not seen actions since. Note that, in the early days, all Noveske complete rifles had the Noveske logo stamped half on the upper and half on the lower (pic #4), so you know it's not a FrankenAR.
Everything is in original configurations. I just added the rail covers, the Troy VFG, and the SOG rubber buttpad.

- 14.5-inch CHF/CL M249 rated bbl, HP/MP tested, with a pinned AAC FH to make it non-NFA. Carbine length gas system.
- 9-inch SWS quad rail forearm.
- Shot peened, MP tested bolt.
- Noveske branded Troy folding battle sights.
- VLTOR Clubfoot Modstock.

*** Winner of this Noveske N4 = bald1 ***

AR #2: This one was actually the Karma AR from back in Memorial Day. The winner, watchman, never got back with me again, after the initial communication. I have made many attempts at contacting him, and waited and waited, with no success. So, I'm putting it up here for the 2nd winner.
watchman will get a different gun, if he ever gets back with me.

The gun: I am the original owner of this FrankenAR. It has not been fired, but everything seems to function fine.
Specs:
Upper (directly from Primary Arms): Seekins Precision complete upper, 16-inch chrome moly barrel, .223 Wylde chamber, 15-inch MCSR KeyMod forearm.
Lower (directly from PK Firearms): POF-USA Gen 2 complete lower.
Miscellaneous: Magpul MBUS sights, VLTOR Modstock, 30-rounder.

*** Winner of this FrankenAR = Fusternc ***

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Very nice. Most of my stories involve flying empty cargo planes around the Middle East. Smile

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Wow! What a beautiful rifle. I'd give up my eye-teeth for such a gorgeous firestick.

You continue to amaze us with your generosity!

But, please do NOT include me, as Ive already won more karma this year than any one person should. Wink

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Wow someone else is going to be blessed with your generosity. I'm a Vet. but I've already been blessed by you.

Good luck to the all the people entering.

Thanks Q

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'd be honored to be tapped with your unmatched generosity. I do not own a "black rifle" and this one would be a great one to have.

1966-1999 Army enlisted & Naval officer (Retired). Any stories I have that are worthy of telling are not suitable for a family forum. LOL

Numerous family members have served.

Some examples from WWII service:

And more recent (my eldest: Navy Corpsman served 8 years with the Marines):

Here getting his Marine training Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Your generosity is amazing.
As a non veteran am not entering your karma.
Just wanted to voice my appreciation for your altruism.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes, a very generous karma. I was 8.5 years active with 4 additional reserve years.

All the best.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
USAF 90-94, 2701st EOD Squadron

Posts: 4105 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Very cool.
Entered service with Army National Guard at 17 between my Jr. and Sr. year of High School.
After Graduation switched over to Regular Air Force.

Pretty uneventful service fighting the Cold War from Kadena AB, RAF Mildenhall, & Grand Forks AFB.
Only battle scar currently maintained is being prevented from giving blood due to being stationed in England during the Mad Cow disease thing.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
While I have not served in the military I am proud to say that one of my greatest role models and people that helped teach me how to be a man served in Korea in the Army.
His favorite stories to tell include guarding payroll with a 1911 and how he would trade off an M1 Garand as quick as he could for an M1 Carbine since he ran communication lines as was constantly climbing poles or running lines around combat areas he wanted a smaller lighter rifle. So he could move a bit easier.

Just yesterday we celebrated his 88th Birthday!!

Thanks for the chance.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

USCG from 1988 to 1999
Then Reserve from 2001 to 2011

When I was in bootcamp I became the "company gunner's mate" because I was the only one who knew how to disassemble a Garand. We carried them because they are heavier than the M16 by 3 pounds. We did stack them when we went to the range and shoot the M16. (original M16's-with the full on giggle switch)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in! I served AD from 1954 to 1974 then went into LE to 2003. Thank you.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Sure, I'd like a chance. Thanks so much for your epic generosity!

US Navy, 1969-1990.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
I'm saving $$ right now as I don't have an AR. I was never in, but have uncles that were in the Navy, Dad was in the Army and served in Korea, and a couple cousins were in Vietnam.

If that meets your criteria, I would very much like to be entered in this generous karma.

Dad didn't talk too much about his time in Korea, though if he did he repeated a story about when leaning against a stack of lumber something hit one of the boards about 6-8 inches from his head, as he was ducking he heard the rifle shot. After they got the sniper he dug the bullet out of the wood, still has it.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Wow, count me in please in this great karma! US NAVY, 1979 to 1999. Thank you for the chance!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Thank you once again for a fine opportunity to own a piece of your collection. Army enlisted. 2 pics from Iraq, clearing some mines left behind by some unscrupulous folks.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
please add this Korean conflict soldier (1971=72). thank you for such a thoughtful karma.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
My dad retired from the National Guard, and my uncle was Special Forces in Vietnam. He came to my grandfather's funeral still in his jungle uniform, with Vietnam mud still in his boots. I never got to serve our great country, and to this day that is my biggest regret in life.

Please enter me in this most generous Karma. My uncle is long gone, but my dad is still around and I'd love the chance to present him with this weapon.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aller Anfang ist schwer
Picture of Tavman
posted Hide Post
USN 1993-2000

A pic of my ship being sunk off the coast of Hawaii.

Thank you for the chance.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Fayetteville, AR | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Tavman, what ship is that? Looks pretty modern to be scuttled.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post