SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Klansman Edgar Ray Killen (D) dead. Mississippi Burning.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Klansman Edgar Ray Killen (D) dead. Mississippi Burning. Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Klansman Edgar Ray Killen, convicted in the 1964 slayings of 3 civil rights workers, is dead: A look back
Yahoo News Photo Staff,Yahoo News Photo Staff•January 12, 2018

1964 slaying of 3 civil rights workers
From left, Michael Schwerner, James Chaney, and Andrew Goodman were three CORE civil rights workers who were murdered in Mississippi by members of the Ku Klux Klan, Philadelphia, Mississippi, June 24, 1964. (Photo: Underwood Archives/Getty Images)
Edgar Ray Killen, a 1960s Ku Klux Klan leader who was convicted decades later in the “Mississippi Burning” slayings of three civil rights workers, has died in prison at the age of 92, the state’s corrections department announced Friday.

The one-time Klan leader was serving three consecutive 20-year terms for manslaughter when he died at 9 p.m. Thursday night inside the Mississippi State Penitentiary. An autopsy was pending, but no foul play was suspected, the corrections’ statement said.

His conviction came 41 years to the day after James Chaney, Michael Schwerner and Andrew Goodman, all in their 20s, were ambushed and killed by Klansmen.

The three Freedom Summer workers had been investigating the burning of a black church near Philadelphia, Mississippi. A deputy sheriff in Philadelphia had arrested them on a traffic charge, then released them after alerting a mob. Mississippi’s then-governor claimed their disappearance was a hoax before their bodies were dug up.

The slayings shocked the nation, helped spur passage of the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 and were dramatized in the 1988 movie “Mississippi Burning.” (AP)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kla...ow-wp-203952175.html

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Good riddance

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Burn in Hell you old shitbag

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always good to hear that another klukker has taken the dirt nap.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I hope it was a slow and painful death.

Posts: 13050 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dont suppose we could bury him under the urinals?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Fitting that he kicked on MLK weekend, no?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Part of clearing the swamp.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post