SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Little Easter Blessing and Art
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little Easter Blessing and Art Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
I know it is a little late but just received the YouTube link from my Brother.

My Brother has been in this Easter Time “Pageant of our Lord” Still art performance since the first year his Church did it. They are going on 33 years as of this year. I have seen it several times thru the years. All the art scenes are real people. There are a few of the scenes where partial real people protrude thru a background set.

It is something to see. You are allowed downstairs in makeup prior to and after the performance. They add a few new scenes each year and remove a few. So it does change a bit thru the years in the whole production. They do not allow any photography or video thru the shows. So I was really surprised to see this short clip posted on YouTube.

Watch closely and you will see the Living Art move in a few scenes. If you can watch it full screen in YouTube.

I hope you enjoy it. If ever in Southern California, Rolling Hills Area, Just before and at Easter I recommend go see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...vuM&feature=youtu.be

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Those are live people? That's a lot of work to keep still and also all those make-up and costume.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
That's cool

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. That is really cool. Passed it along to a few others who will think the same.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Added this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZL5nZ-h-Rg

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post