SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Asking for prayers...I was admitted to ICU on Tuesday for a stroke...UPDATE...I'm back at home!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Asking for prayers...I was admitted to ICU on Tuesday for a stroke...UPDATE...I'm back at home! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for a speedy and complete recovery.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear your daughter stopped by and you are going to be OK.

Paying for continued recovery.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
hope you sent your daughter out for lottery tickets after you were in the chopper. Wishing you a fast and complete recovery.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Kudos to your daughter, the helo flight, and the caregivers at the hospital.

Living alone presents its own set of risks which your experience highlights. You were blessed to have dodged a bullet!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, you’re a lucky man. Props to your daughter. God bless you

Posts: 521 | Location: maryland | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Wow Bisley, that was a close call! Glad you are one the mend. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
So very glad to see that you are recovering from a scary situation.

I wish my dad had the same care that you did when he had his stroke. Just missed the new stuff by a couple years.

God bless, and I hope you get everything back in spades!

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Update in original post...I'm back home Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Only too happy to hear the good news amigo.

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news!! Hope everything continues to go well.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Slow and steady goes the recovery. Just don't slack the pt.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Good news, Limp-along!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Good news .
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery Smile

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I hope and pray your recovery is quick, and complete.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post