SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Asking for prayers...I was admitted to ICU on Tuesday for a stroke...UPDATE...I'm back at home!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Asking for prayers...I was admitted to ICU on Tuesday for a stroke...UPDATE...I'm back at home! Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Godspeed, bbh!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for a complete and speedy recovery!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
praise the Lord & best wishes for speedy recovery

Couldn't say it any better.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praise indeed is in order. all our prayers for your continued recovery and healing.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an amazing success story out of what could have been the very disaster you feared the most. Praise the Lord, for His hand was with you throughout this ordeal.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
Much better story than I had feared. Will be praying for your continued recovery!

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent! I am glad that you got the help you needed in the right timeframe.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you're coming out of this smelling like a rose. It appears that your caretakers all the way down the line knew what they were doing and did it quickly and efficiently. That doesn't always happen...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition! Smile

Seriously, tell PT that you want to work on your draw stroke, on the affected side. Use a mirror until it starts to feel natural again.
A buddy of mine had a stroke in his 20's. He built houses. He sat on his porch pounding nails we would set up in a 2x4. He missed, be bent nails, he hit nails, and now he is a successful business owner building custom million dollar homes.

Your job is to get better and get back to your life. You can do it.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Glad you are still around.
Prayers do work, I know that well.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Glad she found you and that you got help quickly. Rapid response on stroke is the key to the possibility of a good outcome. Saying a prayer for you that your recovery continues and is complete.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
You are indeed lucky BiselyBlackHawk. I had an aneurysm burst in the left vertebral artery, and as fast as they could get to an ER Trauma they drilled a hole to drain the blood and air lifted me to another hospital where they coil embolized the aneurysm but unfortunately stroked during surgery to repair. It definitely Gods blessing to dodge the bullet. I had to leave my job of 25yrs, and rehab to learn to walk, dress, all the other stuff that stroke survivors learn to deal with. Unfortunately I had neurological damage and ongoing pain etc. Post stroke is a learning experience. The one main good thing that came out of it is my faith in God has grown immeasurably, in addition to my capacity for compassion for others that suffer from illness, injury, and disease. Thank God, for you have dodged a bullet, and to others who are survivors, you're not alone.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
You are in my prayers,glad you have folks looking out for you.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
You and Bea in the same week. Y'all got to cut this shit out!

Seriously, Hope you feel better soon. Looks like you dodged a major bullet!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Close call! Best wishes for a full recovery.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I bet your daughter is thanking God as well that she stopped by- best wishes for a speedy recovery.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Bisely, I sent you an email if you ever need to ask stuff. Feel free to, as I have asked others here for help finding answers when in need. So many good folks here.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very close call, indeed. Some folks suffering a stroke don't get prompt care in time.

GF brother had a major stroke in Italy and died there.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Another wish for a complete & speedy recovery!
I'm glad you received initial treatment as quickly as you did!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Whew! Can I assume your doctor wants to do an MRI or US (not sure the diagnostic) to look at the carotid on the other side of your neck?

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post