SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Excellent customer service from Directv Now
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Excellent customer service from Directv Now Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
I have had the Directv Now streaming service almost 6 months now. I have their Go Big package which is 100+ channel package. I got it at a introductory offer of $37 a month. The same package now is $60 which still isn't a bad deal.

About 2 months ago they threw in HBO for free.
I could keep this introductory offer as long as I didn't change packages or stop my service.

All of a sudden yesterday I get a email informing me my service has been suspended because the credit card I set up the account with was declined when they tried to bill for my monthly service. I forgot to change the card number in my account profile when the old card expired.

Figured I was screwed with my introductory offer price as now my service was stopped. The email contained a link for me to upgrade my card but it wouldn't let me update it in my profile. I had to choose a new package and sign up as a new customer. I was pissed they didn't give me any warning but I figured it was their way of getting me out of the introductory price.

So I jumped on their live chat service and explained the situation to the customer service rep. They seen I had been a customer from nearly day one. They told me to sign up as a new customer and once I did they would refund me the difference in price between the low introductory price and the new. And all my monthly charges going forward would remain at the introductory price.

I was all prepared to do battle in which I figured would be a losing one but I turned out very pleasantly surprised.

I can't complain about this service for lack of content I get all the programming I want and more. I certainly can't complain about the customer service.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
My most recent experience was much better too, after 2 decades of poor experiences.
AT&T the same. Maybe something has happened since the merger like they figured out it's cheaper to keep a customer than to find new ones.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
You guys fared much better than me.

I may wind up in small claims court.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post