SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help recover pictures from SD card
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help recover pictures from SD card Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted
When we went to Battleship Memorial Park while we were waiting out Irma, I took a lot of pictures with my phone. Upon reviewing the pictures, I seem to be missing more than a dozen pictures I know I took. There are two seperate blocks of pictures I seem to be missing and the only thing I can think of is they were deleted while my phone was in my pocket. The first block would be the last 5 or so pictures I took on the USS Alabama. Specifically the one remaining aircraft catapult. The next time I took my phone out of my pocket, I noticed I didn't have to unlock it. I have the next set of pictures from inside the airplane building, but everything after that is missing as well. The Hunley replica, USS Drum, the tanks and aircraft outside. I know I took the pictures, my kids were begging me to take them. They aren't on the micro SD card or on the phone.

Anybody ever have this happen? On the chance that they were deleted while the phone was in my pocket, any suggestions on reputable software I can recover them with? Preferably something that lets me see if they are even there before I buy it.

Normally, I'd use a real camera, but in our rush to pack up I thought I left it behind. As we unloaded the RV, I found it had never left the RV when we unpacked after returning for the summer.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

I have used, "Recover My Files" for longer than I can remember:
www.RecoverMyFiles.com

You will need to know if your pictures are saved to an SD-Memory card or to internal memory on your phone.

If the pics are on phone's internal memory, you will need to connect the phone to your computer in a way that the computer can access the phone's memory. If the pics are on a SD-Memory card, remove it from the phone and connect it via an external card reader to your computer.

Your biggest issue is if the phone has overwritten the deleted file storage location with text messages, new pics, calendar updates, app updates, phone book updates, etc...If your cell saves pics to an SD-Card, pull it out to protect them from being corrupted.

There are many software packages that recover cell phone files. I've been using "Recover My Files" (silly name) since the early 2000's but only twice from a cell phone. Mostly I am recovering files from a damaged or faulty hard drive.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I think the one sleepla8er suggested is what I used several years ago to recover the photos from a card after losing a number of pictures from our trip with a foreign exchange student. We recovered all of them (or at least all I remembered) and were able to e-mail them to the student after she returned home.

Pulling the card or not using the phone to avoid overwriting is key as sleepla8er noted.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Pulling the card was first thing I did. I googled software, but I was worried about downloading a malicious program.

I just remembered I did one other thing. I accidentally put the card into my dashcam the next morning. The dashcam didn't recognize it and I pulled it back out.

I'll try recovermyfiles.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Does the phone recognize the SD card?

As long as you do not write to the card you still have a chance.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Check your other file folders. On at least on a couple of occasions I have seen my Samsung S7 file some images under a different folder. Odd and could never figure it out but at least they were there.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post