SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Identity protection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identity protection Login/Join 
posted
Would like to know what company the forum members are using for identity protection , lifelock are others ? Thanks

Guns-I have some

Posts: 213 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Recommend an advanced search for previous threads. I know we have discussed. Over in England and can't search effectively at this hotel.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I used Zander Insurance for my identity theft protection. It has coverage for my entire family and very reasonable over the cost of lifelock. It's what dave ramsey recommends. I also got my home and auto insurance through them and saved a ton of money over what I was paying State Farm.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I would start with a 'credit freeze' on yourself(spouse if applicable) with the 3 credit reporting organizations. You can do this yourself, minimal costs.

After that set up 'alerts' online with your credit card accounts.

Then be sure and check statements & transactions routinely.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
I would add that a third-party monitoring system that also watches over your health insurance accounts might be warranted if you are on Medicare. The issue there is that Medicare uses your SS# as your ID for all services -- so it is out there with doctors offices personnel, pharmacies, etc. Medical insurance fraud is growing as a form of identity theft.

Posts: 1265 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been on the forum for awhile so I did do a search and this topic was covered in another post but I appreciate the response's they were helpful

Guns-I have some

Posts: 213 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would add that a third-party monitoring system that also watches over your health insurance accounts might be warranted if you are on Medicare. The issue there is that Medicare uses your SS# as your ID for all services -- so it is out there with doctors offices personnel, pharmacies, etc. Medical insurance fraud is growing as a form of identity theft.

The Medicare ID will be changing for that reason. Expect lots of mistakes during the transition.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
identity protection is a myth

really, think about it...

as long as you have one connected device or one internet presence, your identity is at risk

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
identity protection is a myth

really, think about it...

as long as you have one connected device or one internet presence, your identity is at risk

There is no _absolute_ identity protection. But even though there is no absolute fire protection, it's still a good idea to put fire extinguishers around the house, keep the spare gas in tight containers and get insurance. Wink

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Who do you call when the ID protection company gets hacked? Roll Eyes

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post