SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now that the mid-term results are in, can we sum-up what it all means now?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now that the mid-term results are in, can we sum-up what it all means now? Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Live interactive election map to play with. Senate, House, Governors. Shows the flipped too.

https://www.axios.com/live-map...1e-5663cc78f1b7.html

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Unless Muller can come up with something solid and soon that shows real Russian collusion with someone directly related to Trump, the Dem.'s lose big on that one. The country is tiring of the investigations leading to nothing. Only the looniest of the lefties will want this to continue much longer.

The loss of seats in midterms was larger for Clinton and much larger for Obama. Keeping and expanding the lead in the Senate will prove more important in the long run.

Pelosi and her crew taking over the podium in the House will make them more visible and show that they may be opposition, they aren't credible leaders for anything most of the country wants.

Trump couldn't really attack Republican swamp creatures in the house too much as he needed them. There will be no such constraints on attacking and highlighting the shortcomings of the Democrats.

Sessions was the weakest link in the game. An early supporter of Trump and appointed before Trump really knew the landscape, he was handcuffed by the Muller fiasco. New blood will only help.

Now that this phase is over, the Democrats that are serious about running in 2020 will have to start maneuvering towards the primary season that won't be far away. To appeal to the Democrat (radical) primary voter, they will have to go full left and the we hate Trump thing will really wear thin to the general election voters.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Florida may have a problem.

https://www.local10.com/news/e...eaded-toward-recount
Not likely. The margin is ~35k votes, and we vote by automated machine. So Nelson trying to overcome that margin will be next to impossible. That said the Dem's are good at BS, so we'll all have to watch.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
"Hanging chads"....

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I agree that the lost seats have nothing to do with Trump, at least at a significant level. His rallies are like rock concerts. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a president fill so many seats, and it’s not even a White House year.

Any dems that think Trump won’t win in 2020 are in for yet another rude shock.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zimman20:
This was their big shot to undo the last two years and I don't think they got the outcome they were hoping/planning for. Wink

Yeah, if that was their best shot then we can take a better one in two years.

quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Keeping and expanding the lead in the Senate will prove more important in the long run.

Particularly given how many Republican Senate seats will be at stake in the 2020 elections.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Nevada took a lot of bad hits, last night. The GDC will be very much emboldened.
I see gun bans and state income taxes coming, and soon.

Only 13 more years until I can relocate, again.

Bruce

I'm already looking at UT, AZ or TX.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

Not likely. The margin is ~35k votes, and we vote by automated machine. So Nelson trying to overcome that margin will be next to impossible. That said the Dem's are good at BS, so we'll all have to watch.

I derive satisfaction that the whiney, entitled asshole Nelson is showing he is not man enough to accept the election results. Florida has been stuck with this idiot for more years than I care to remember. The Villages, Bill.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
My takeaway:
The good: Increased majority in the Senate means Trump won't have to put up with Rand Paul's grandstanding.
The scary: Nancy Pelosi is 3rd in line for the presidency. Again. Impeach Trump and Pence and voila! Nancy moves to 1600. Yeah, right. In her dreams!

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I was not pleased with how close the races in George or TX were....but hey a win is a win.

Expect a huge amount of noise from the house for the next 2 years...they will investigate Trump over everything...I expect to see something about putting ketchup on steaks by 2020.

This will be a good thing for 2020 because people will be less than impressed with what the progs did once they won the house.

Oh and expect gun laws and other shit to start coming back into the noise, they may even pass the house....the progs have to try and show their fellow NPCs that they are doing something.

Trump will not get anything through the house...maybe infrastructure but if you thought the progs were obstructionist before just wait until 2019 ...

They will keep PeLOSTi....and the younger members will hate it and hopefully start going full retard...we may even see demonstrations against her.

Lupe "where's my gun" lost as expected and a prog (ALRED) beat Sessons but considering his district this was to be expected

But really I have no idea....like I said R.F. O'Rourke came too close for my liking last night. Cruz is just not very likable....Brilliant but not likable.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Nevada took a lot of bad hits, last night. The GDC will be very much emboldened.
I see gun bans and state income taxes coming, and soon.

Only 13 more years until I can relocate, again.

Bruce

I'm already looking at UT, AZ or TX.

Yup, we got californicated. I'm quickly approaching retirement age. I see Idaho or Montana as viable options, also.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Steve Forbes (just now): “”Remember that the Democrats still see President Trump as the devil incarnate.”

Truer words never spoken. The insanity has just begun.

The good news is that this may make 2020 a slam dunk for Donald J. Trump.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
CA, OR, and NV are hosed.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grid lock at the national level, which may not be a bad thing. Having control of the senate, let us properly populate the judiciary. Full speed ahead, President Trump!

Oregon is 'f*cked'. Perhaps it is a good thing that I am still unemployed after nearly 12 months. Perhaps time to move. Will miss my ham friends though....... Love the PNW too, but if the commies here go full bore, perhaps the time has come to escape East Berlin. At least escaping Oregon will be much safer procedure....

I'll watch and see how bold the Oregon Commies get, before making a 'final' decision.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
CA, OR, and NV are hosed.

While I agree that the left coasters can pass ornery gun laws, the eastern parts of Oregon and all of northern Nevada are actually in Alabama.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Dow and S&P 500 up over 2% today. Wonder what Paul Krugman thinks of that?

To me it's a solid endorsement of Trump's economic policies and a prediction that they will continue.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Dow and S&P 500 up over 2% today. Wonder what Paul Krugman thinks of that?

To me it's a solid endorsement of Trump's economic policies and a prediction that they will continue.

Exactly! Zero chance of repealing tax cuts and zero chance of impeachment!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Prop-6 I'm shaking my head that it passed, that was the repelling of the gas tax...gas is already taxed for highway maintenance. Mad

Prop 6 did not pass, largely because it was somewhat confusingly described and California voters are too flaming stupid to read and comprehend more than three words. Had it passed, it would have repealed the gas and vehicle licensing increases that the legislature saddled us with *and* required voter approval to increase either of those taxes in the future. It is beyond my ability to understand how CA voters can be stupid enough to vote down such an initiative. Sigh... Mad

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post