SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now that the mid-term results are in, can we sum-up what it all means now?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now that the mid-term results are in, can we sum-up what it all means now? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Arizona is in dire need of a federally managed forensic audit

Huckelberry is reported to keep two sets of books, ledgers written in pencil and not in ink, and if rumor is true, neither of the two ledgers tie out

I wonder why?

maybe because all of the fuel taxes collected here in Pima County get sent to Phoenix, where they decide to send back about 4% of what was collected and they tell us to 'make due'

Arizona should be awash in money with some of the best roads in the country, but we're not and its borderline criminal

There was a shake up several years ago when state auditors found a Pima County administrator
putting liquid fuel tax rebates (Fuel tax) into the general fund, not to road repair programs.

Of course, nothing was done and no one was fired.

It was business as usual in the Democratic controlled county.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I could not vote for Evil over Evil Mad EVER!

Democrats ARE Evil!
... and will do anything it takes to steal Florida.

And Arizona! Mad

“Can we sum up what it all means now?”
I think what it means is that we should have the death penalty for election fraud!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, I thought I'd had my laugh for the day when I stopped off for coffee and happened to catch the headline just below the fold on today's New York Times: "No Clear Road Map To 2020 For Democrats In The Mix Of 2018". The meat of the first couple of paragraphs was a cri de couer about the left taking on the party establishment.

And then I got on the idiot box this morning to find:

quote:
Beto's Consolation Prize: Running For President
Ben Schreckinger, Politico, 11/07/2018

Beto O'Rourke dodged a bullet. The Texas congressman came dangerously close to beating Ted Cruz on Tuesday.

Lest his groupies wallow for long in defeat, they should know there's a lot for them to like about his loss: No getting bogged down in the drudge-work of a freshman senator in the minority or obligation to fulfill his duty to serve out his term.

And to O'Rourke's credit, there was no blowout, a fate that would have extinguished his star. Indeed, he showed an unapologetic liberal could compete and almost win in Texas.

Full text at http://www.politico.com/story/...new-hampshire-973419

I won't bore you by arguing the obvious; that Dems in Texas voted for Beto, and Dems outside of Texas funded his campaign munificently, as a protest and for lack of alternatives.

After all, the interesting point is that for all the Dems have temporarily taken control of the House of Representatives, they're still tearing themselves apart with internal conflicts and they still haven't the foggiest idea who they can successfully run against Trump in 2020.

And that, ladies and gents, is most definitely one way to sum up what the 2018 midterms all meant.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well he's gonna have a helluva run against Consuela Macarayna from New York. That's two idiot peas in a pod..... Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It indicates a under-educated electorate.

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
As I've argued elsewhere, I think it's a bunch of people looking for bumper sticker truths in the information overload of this, our brave new digital world. Too many people out there are willing to consider themselves informed enough from whatever they can get out of a couple of swipes on a cellphone screen just because the alternative is to spend half the day digging like miners through every kind of bullshit and slant that the human mind can invent in the course of getting paid for not working for a living.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horn:
It indicates a under-educated electorate.

Often the problem is educated and indoctrinated.
Liberalism is taught in schools, colleges, and universities.

The educated seem to lack intelligence.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
“We have to move beyond a politics that aims not just to defeat but to destroy,” Mr. Nelson said. “Where truth is treated as disposable, where falsehoods abound, and the free press is assaulted as the ‘enemy of the people.’”

And your ouster is Yuuuuge step in that good direction, you self important, aggrandizing commie scumbag. Bon voyage.

https://www.washingtontimes.co...-florida-senate-rac/

Governor-elect DeSantis was much more gracious than I, eh? Smile

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally, I don't understand what the dematards are offering?? They came out and said they want higher taxes, open boarders, elimination of ICE, sanctuary cities and states, free healthcare for all, student debt loans eliminated, and everything else FREE. Does half the country really think this will work? I guess so many people are either delusional, smoking their weed, or on Oxytocin's? These democratic will take our country down b=very quickly. And the likes of Schumer, Pelosi, Feinstien, Waters and the rest of the democrat ilk. What is the attraction to these Piece of Shit!!! Help me understand...

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
They're selling sanctimony wrapped in a cloud of cherry-picked and poorly presented information. At our best, we're selling freedom by telling the truth.