SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Favorite Foods from Your home State
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Foods from Your home State Login/Join 
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Born and raised in Central Ohio:
Cincinnati Chili - specifically Skyline. If you have not had it, get some.
Schmidt's Sausage House - Its German in heritage but they came up with the Bahama Mama Sausage. That thing is amazing.
Graeter's Ice Cream is an Ohio Institution that is amazing.
Montgomery Inn Ribs - Just damn good ribs.
Donato's Pizza - 100 pieces of pepperoni on a large pizza. It makes the NY and Chicago pizza's look like they are missing all the good stuff.

I am in NC now and the Pork BBQ is outstanding.

I will second that clear stuff in the mason jar. Not sure what it is but it makes my baby frisky... Smile

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
PA here, Pickled Red Beet Eggs.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
PA here, Pickled Red Beet Eggs.
Along with good German Beer. The resulting gas will clear a room.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Buffalo wings here in western ny.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and gravy.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 724 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Born & raised in NY and it’s a toss up between a hard core pastrami reuben, preferably from Katz’s on Houston Street, and the bacon, egg and cheese on roll from any good deli.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
VTail

Looks like a good list of place to visit in FL
for some good ol Cracker Food..

https://www.florida-backroads-...ker-restaurants.html
I have been to a couple on that list, both of them kind of touristy: Aunt Catfish in Port Orange, and Dixie Crossroads in the Space Coast area.

I will put Goodrich Seafood & Oyster in Oak Hill on my "to do" list. They are very close to one of my customers, Anchor Storage and Hardware, in Oak Hill.

There is a place in Apopka that should be on that list -- The Catfish Place. It's in the Greater Downtown Metropolitan area, very close to Porkie's BBQ.

Have you hit the Mason Jar in Sorrento for breakfast yet? It's worth the drive... get there early on weekends the lines out the door, if you have a client up there stop in, imagine lunch is as good...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Have you hit the Mason Jar in Sorrento for breakfast yet? It's worth the drive... get there early on weekends the lines out the door, if you have a client up there stop in, imagine lunch is as good...
Google finds a Mason Jar in Umatilla (I have a funny story about a pilot departing the Umatilla airport, maybe I'll have to start a thread), but I don't fine a Mason Jar in Sorrento.

Are you maybe referring to the Umatilla location?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I haven’t lived in Nebraska for a long, long time; however, I can still offer some thoughts on favorites there. Steak. When I was a kid Nebraska license plates proclaimed “The Beef State,” it’s still the #2 producer of cattle in the United States.

Pizza. It’s between Godfather’s, founded in Columbus, NE, and Valentino’s (Lincoln HQ). My preference is Val’s

Zesto Ice Cream. If you have watched the College World Series over the years, you know about Zesto.

Runza. They’ve begun to franchise outside of the state of Nebraska. A sandwich of ground beef, spices, onion and cabbage, baked into a fresh bread roll.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
From northern Indiana, it's gotta be the fried pork tenderloin sandwich, which I favor with cheese and all the fixings. We have a few local places that make a great one (my favorite is a lunch counter in the back of a local pharmacy...place pretty much hasn't changed a bit since the 50s...complete with soda fountain and everything), but I must admit the best one I've ever had was at ElDora speedway in Ohio.

As to where I grew up, in Prague, Czech Republic...there are so many options. The best is probably pork, dumplings, and sauerkraut, or "veprozeloknedlo" as it's called locally:

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 610:

Yes... The Texas staple.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

As to where I grew up, in Prague, Czech Republic...there are so many options. The best is probably pork, dumplings, and sauerkraut, or "veprozeloknedlo" as it's called locally:

I've had that numerous places in Prague, but my favorite was at U Fleků.

For Florida food, snapper, grouper, or mahi for fish, and good southern barbecue for pork and beef. Porkie's in Apopka has some of the best barbecue around. The Yellow Dog in Gotha is damned good, too.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:

Donato's Pizza

Is that the big, square, thin pizza? Almost like a crispy cracker crust? We used to have one in the Philly burbs and I loved it but it closed after 4-5 years Frown

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh yeah, I forgot that one.

Babe's Chicken Dinner House. God, it's been several months since I've been there.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep! (I posted a similar response somewhat earlier.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:
Cincinnati Chili - specifically Skyline. If you have not had it, get some.
Schmidt's Sausage House - Its German in heritage but they came up with the Bahama Mama Sausage. That thing is amazing.
Graeter's Ice Cream is an Ohio Institution that is amazing.
Montgomery Inn Ribs - Just damn good ribs.
Donato's Pizza - 100 pieces of pepperoni on a large pizza. It makes the NY and Chicago pizza's look like they are missing all the good stuff.

Man, I forgot about Donatos! I loved their pizza!

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

From northern Indiana, it's gotta be the fried pork tenderloin sandwich

Damn. That looks amazing! Is that mustard on the bottom there? That's the only thing I'd leave off, but it looks like it's got mayo so I'm in!

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davetruong:

Best!

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen these mentioned yet, and while I'm not from either place I've spent way too many years there clogging my arteries at every opportunity.

Ontario/Quebec poutine and Binghamton (NY) spiedies.

I could live off of both of them.

Oh, and as good as that Triple Triple looks, let's not forget Tommy Burgers. They put In-N-Out to shame. Wink

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post