SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Favorite Foods from Your home State
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Foods from Your home State Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
I don't believe WV is noted for great food but two that come to mind here in northern WV are pepperoni rolls from Country Club Bakery in Fairmont.

Or Bonnie Bells Bakery in Nutter Fort WV for Pepperoni Rolls....

http://bonniebellespastries.com/

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
I don't believe WV is noted for great food but two that come to mind here in northern WV are pepperoni rolls from Country Club Bakery in Fairmont.

Or Bonnie Bells Bakery in Nutter Fort WV for Pepperoni Rolls....

http://bonniebellespastries.com/

Hmm I hadn't heard of Bonnie Bells I'll give them a try next time I'm by. Their website doesn't even mention pepperoni rolls though, you sure?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7084 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
For Texas...

I forgot Blue Bell Ice Cream. Seeing "Bonnie Bells" above reminded me of that... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Beef - and lots of it - Montana

Back when I was in college in Bozeman (when it was still a nice small town), I had a T-shirt that said, "This is cattle country - Eat beef you bastards!"

Big Grin

Posts: 20086 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Pueblo chili for green chili. Rocky Ford cantaloupe, and Olathe sweet corn. Could someone from Tennessee open a decent BBQ shack here please.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Wisconsin-cheese curds-fresh, salty, squeaky!

From Minnesota-(uff-da) lutefisk!

Posts: 67 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Kansas City Joes BBQ z-man or the burnt ends at Jack Stack BBQ....

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Chicago deep dish pizza

Chicago-style hot dogs (and no ketchup!)

You forgot the Italian Beef!!!

with or without hot giardiniera? Smile

Ha! I have two jars in my cabinet. FYI, they sell it at World Market if you're outside of Chicago.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am from Cincinnati Ohio. Here are some of my favorite foods from here.

Grippos BBQ chips, with Deans French onion dip.

Larosas Pizza

Skyline Chili

Greaters Ice Cream

Posts: 2225 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY:

Pizza
Bagels, Bialy’s too
Anything from a Kosher Deli
Anything from an Italian deli

And as my wife is from NJ: pork roll, fried egg and cheese on a Kaiser roll. I prefer Case’s pork roll.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Florida Panhandle.

Fried mullet filets and tails.
Wahoo steaks
Gulf shrimp
Bushwhackers

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
I am a Florida Native so the ^^^ Mullet reminds me of going out after school on Friday cast netting mullet, cleaning and smoking them late into the night on Friday and continuing on Satueday,and then selling them on the Corner of US 301 and Lumsden Rd (Tampa) on Saturday and Sunday for a $1 a fillet and making BANK (moslty from the DY's).

From the Tampa area the ORIGINAL Cuban sandwich from Liborios Cuban Cafe, fried plantans, cuban roast pork with yellow rice and black beans also from Liborios, Ruskin Tomatoes and pretty much any Cuban food, grouper sandwich, and we can't forget Dauphin...We had to rename it Mahi-Mahi because the DY's thought we were eating flipper. Big Grin

One of my personal favorites is fresh strawberries from Plant City, Florida in heavy cream. It's a yearly indulgance for me.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmm I hadn't heard of Bonnie Bells I'll give them a try next time I'm by. Their website doesn't even mention pepperoni rolls though, you sure?

Yep right outside clarksburg. My wife’s home town. Been a while since we were back there generally the days batch is gone fast

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Fried Bologna

Good old Fried Bologna, or "Kentucky Round Steak" as I prefer to call it. Until I turned ~18, I had no idea there were lunch meats at the deli other than Bologna, Leona, or Pickle Loaf.

Being from the Bluegrass state, I like a good Hot Brown. But being just across the river from Cincy, I'm also a big fan of Cincinnati Chili. A previous poster mentioned Skyline, but my personal favorite chili parlor was Empress. I spent many a drunken night/early morning consuming 4-ways and coneys at the Empress next to Northern Kentucky University. Long gone but definitely not forgotten.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Growed up in Louisiana so here goes:
Boiled crab, shrimp, crawfish
Fried shrimp, fish, catfish, oysters
Oysters (half shell or baked)
Po' Boys
Muffelettas
Gumbo
Etouffee
Red Beans and Rice
Jambalaya
Shrimp Creole
Boudin
Cracklin
Beignets
Meat pies
Venison (north Louisiana)
Pecan pie
Pralines

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up in South Carolina: She-crab soup and good vinegar based barbeque sauce.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Once in a while you get a craving for a Detroit Style Coney Dog

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Illinois/Chicago:

- any pizza (Chicago thin is just as unique as deep dish)
- Vienna beef sandwiches
- Vienna beef hotdogs (sorry, but I want ketchup, even if I have to bring my own))

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
apple butter is big in Virginia. Along, of course, with ocuntry ham and biscuits.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post