SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Waterfalls at Stone Mountain
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waterfalls at Stone Mountain Login/Join 
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted
It was raining the day we visited. Never expected to see waterfalls.

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I'm close enough to it these days, need to make a trip over that way at some point.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
What a great shot. I dont think I have ever seen them before. So cool.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Never been to Stone Mountain. Thanks for the great picture.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Neat picture, but which Stone Mountain is that?

More than one Stone Mountain in the U.S.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have mountains in Texas?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Stone Mountain Park in Georgia.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
That is Stone Mountain in Georgia. It’s just outside of Atlanta.

https://www.stonemountainpark.com/

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Nice! I used to live within sight of it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17246 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lived in Georgia for 60 years and visited Stone Mountain many times, especially 4th of July.

First time seeing or hearing about the falls for me. Thanks, great picture.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh sorry , I could not see the graffiti on my android fancy schmancy , smarter than me phone

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I always have a nice time at Stone Mountain. Took the ride up to the top one time. I like sitting in the field waiting for the laser show to start at night. There are so many people and cultures enjoying the evening.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Well it's a big knob, guess the water has to run off! Just never thought about it, kind of cool! If you have been on top there are divots in the rock where lightning strikes hit, not the place to be in a storm!

Been a few years but we have rode to the top a couple times and walked to the top once. IIRC there is a shop on top with ice cream! Could not do the walk up now. Was there for the 4th light show once.

If you go, take the road to drive around it. Robert E Lee Blvd. Off that is a short road leading to a covered bridge over to a small island. Beautiful spot for a picnic with the fall colors.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
They have mountains in Texas?
Over near El Paso, yes.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Cool pic. I’ve been a few times for the laser show.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post