SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Americans Must ‘Adjust’ to Terrorism
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Americans Must ‘Adjust’ to Terrorism Login/Join 
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
It's amazing how this guy, who I'm sure claims to be intelligent, can look the people in the eye and say, in effect, "you have to get used to these invaders from a far off land coming to your country and trying to kill you and disrupt your way of life. Preventing them from arriving is not who we are.".

Easy for him to say. If my career involved me sitting in a cushy office in a building with world class security, I might not see it as a problem either. Easy to say "live with it" when YOU aren't the one to have to live with it. Give him the same "security" as someone gets in a shopping mall and he'd likely sing a far different tune.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8349 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Washington, D.C. : "We're going to do a couple of things. First, we're going to disarm our constituents, and second, we're going to import Muslims who want nothing more than to kill our constituents."

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Oh we'll adjust. You won't like it though.

Adjust our sights.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
They say this crap so long as it’s only us peons who are attacked and killed. They’ve got nothing to worry about with their gated communities, their security details and secure private schools for their children.

Bet they’d be singing a different tune after a successful large scale attack in the heart of DC.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Does anybody remember the SIGForum member that was, IIRC, a part of the FBI and got his panties in a wad and left in a huff because we "disrespected" the agency and Comey after the Hillary debacle?...

I wonder what he is thinking now with this sort of bullshit thinking (and other stuff) coming out the FBI's pie hole?

In fact I was just thinking of that member. I was off board for a bit shortly after so I do not know if he stayed gone or not. As I recall it wasn't so much we had disrespected Comey as there were some disparaging remarks made about the agency in general.

I too wondered how he was feeling today about his agency considering the light that has been shined on some of their behavior overall of late.

Take any group of some size and you will find a snapshot of America. What disturbs me is a man in his formal role advocating for letting in terrorists. What kind f mental gyrations do you have to go through to think as a LE official that it is a good idea?

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Do these leftwing douchebags go directly onto the Soros payroll after losing their government service jobs?

quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
At least he is a "former" Assistant Director now. More winning.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we should adjust as pistol shrimps adjust.

Methodical, unfailing, constant, zealously discerning.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Living in the UK, like any other legal gun-owner, I have set limits to the amount of ammunition of any calibre for which I have firearms.

I made the decision a few years back that I would NEVER allow myself to drop more than 10% below my maximum holding of ammunition of any particular calibre - just in case.

I reload most weekends, to make certain sure.

Whoever comes looking for me, if and when it all goes tits up, will not have an easy time.

tac

Posts: 11313 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
Sure. I'll adjust - as stated before - I'll adjust my aim if necessary...

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what I'd like to know also.

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Do these leftwing douchebags go directly onto the Soros payroll after losing their government service jobs?

quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
At least he is a "former" Assistant Director now. More winning.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my personal adjustments are windage, bullet drop and if necessary, spin drift...

are those enough adjustments?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The risk posed by terrorism -- foreign or domestic -- is way down on the list of how average Americans might come to sudden death. So yes, we should get used to it as we do with car crashes or falling off ladders.
Submitting to irrational fear and shredding our Constitution is precisely the goal of the vermin doing the terrorism.

Posts: 1400 | Location: Butte, Mont. | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MTJbyrd:Submitting to irrational fear and shredding our Constitution is precisely the goal of the vermin doing the terrorism.

I seriously doubt the terrorists give two hoots about our Constitution. They're just assholes who want to kill people.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post