SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Americans Must ‘Adjust’ to Terrorism
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Americans Must ‘Adjust’ to Terrorism Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
More crap from the FBI.

A former official with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) says Americans will have to “adjust” to a new country where terrorism is routine because halting immigration is “not who we are.”

Former Assistant Director for Counterintelligence at the FBI C. Frank Figliuzzi writes in a piece for NBC News that terrorism in the United States is changing quickly to a strategy where terrorism is merely mitigated and contained.

Rather than halting immigration from particularly dangerous and terrorist-sanctioned regions of the world, Figliuzzi says Americans may have to change the way they live, noting how Americans in the car rental business and hotel industry are now subject to “rigorous training” on terrorism-related issues.

But just as officials are adjusting their perspective, it may be time for the public to adjust as well. Terrorism task forces around the nation already have rigorous training and awareness programs for truck rental personnel, hotel staff, and a host of other groups who may find themselves suddenly on the front lines of our war against terror. If we cling to the old view that any successful attack represents a counterterrorism failure, we must also be ready to accept a new way of life. Do we want to view anyone from a different country, with a different set of beliefs, as no longer welcome here?

While Figliuzzi admits that it’s Americans who will have to suffer, he argues that current legal immigration — whereby more than one million foreign nationals enter the U.S. every year — trends must continue, no matter if they might expose Americans to more terrorist threats.

I would argue we do not. Today, the White House is already calling for even more stringent constraints on immigration policy. Taken to its illogical extreme, this approach to counterterrorism will preclude anyone from anywhere from entering the U.S. if any of their fellow nationals has ever committed a terror act. That’s not who we are.

Immigration to the U.S. was most recently tied to terrorism when 29-year-old Sayfullo Saipov allegedly mowed down pedestrians in the Tribeca neighborhood of New York City, killing at least eight individuals. Saipov entered the U.S. in 2010 from Uzbekistan under the Diversity Visa Lottery, Breitbart News reported.

The Diversity Visa Lottery gives out 50,000 visas every year to foreign nationals from a multitude of countries, including those with known terrorist problems – such as Afghanistan, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Yemen, and Uzbekistan.

Since 2012, roughly 30 percent of all foreign nationals who have entered the U.S. through the Diversity Visa Lottery program in the last five years came from terrorist-sponsored nations, Breitbart News reported.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...adjust-to-terrorism/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Liberals just love to lecture us on "who we are".

Screw all of them. If we were who the liberals always tell us we are, this country wouldn't have had an ounce of the prosperity and freedom that separates America from the rest of the world.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

I would argue we do not. Today, the White House is already calling for even more stringent constraints on immigration policy. Taken to its illogical extreme, this approach to counterterrorism will preclude anyone from anywhere from entering the U.S. if any of their fellow nationals has ever committed a terror act. That’s not who we are.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...adjust-to-terrorism/

So lemme git dis straight. Because this guy can conceive of something being taken to its "illogical" extreme in one direction...that means we can't protect ourselves, even temporarily while we get better vetting procedures in place, from the worst of them? That means, we can't get rid of the idiotic lottery system?

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If that guy was alive in the 40's he would be telling the Jewish community they need to "live with the Nazi's" because defeating them "isn't who we are".

No thanks.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evidently not the only dumbass in the FBI.

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Remember that stirring speech FDR gave after Pearl Harbor?

We Americans must adjust to the fact that Japan rules the Pacific. It's not in our nature to deny Japan their rightful ownership of the Pacific, so we must adjust our thinking to this new reality. Join me in apologizing for any provocation we may have given them that forced them to retaliate at Pearl Harbor...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Remember that stirring speech FDR gave after Pearl Harbor?

We Americans must adjust to the fact that Japan rules the Pacific. It's not in our nature to deny Japan their rightful ownership of the Pacific, so we must adjust our thinking to this new reality. Join me in apologizing for any provocation we may have given them that forced them to retaliate at Pearl Harbor...

That........would have been Obama's speech.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least he is a "former" Assistant Director now. More winning.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lately I've been thinking we should adjust to fewer FBI agents.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I don't have to adjust squat - I'm already dialed in. Now, if the Feds would just do their job...

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
It's amazing how this guy, who I'm sure claims to be intelligent, can look the people in the eye and say, in effect, "you have to get used to these invaders from a far off land coming to your country and trying to kill you and disrupt your way of life. Preventing them from arriving is not who we are."

No, the only thing I am remotely willing to "get used to" would be nightly pictures of mushroom clouds appearing over these losers home nations.

I would say that the Japanses in WWII were as fanatical, if not more fanatical, than the current jihadist. And in order to beat Japan we were prepared to wipe every single one of them off the face of the earth. We need to have that same mentality to deal with these savages. They can come to their senses or disappear. Because they won't stop trying to kill us until one of those two things happen.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Lately I've been thinking we should adjust to fewer FBI agents.

Yeah, and before this country even thinks about handing them a badge, vet them like they were coming here from a Middle-Eastern country on the watch list.

BTW, a couple minutes reveals that he is a mouthpiece for MSNBC

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Former Assistant Director for Counterintelligence
Yeah, you've got "counterintelligence" in spades, partner. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Americans will have to “adjust” to a new country where terrorism is routine...

The only 'adjusting' I'll be doing is to ensure my IWB is comfortable.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Former Assistant Director for Counterintelligence Fugazi has a point in that we need to expect more terrorist attacks, because they are likely going to happen whether we close all immigration or not.

But the second half of his statement that closing borders to nations of people trying to kill us all "is not who we are" is absolutely incorrect. As a sovereign nation, we can tell anyone who is not a US citizen "Not only no, but Hell no" when it comes to them entering the US.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Perhaps that's why he's a "former"....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ask a German how they feel about open boarders.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The FBI has lost every vestige of trust and integrity. How sad.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
So, we have to ban guns to be safe, but we need to continue to let in dangerous immigrants to kill us and just get used to it.

Life really is better if each of your ideas is wrapped in a separate bubble independent from the others.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
And they issued this guy a gun...

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post