SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steyn Runneth Over
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steyn Runneth Over Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DmkVEzwe8dw

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I wish Fox would give Mark Steyn his own show. He's smarter than Tucker Carlson and funnier than Jessie Watters. And for the ladies, I think, pretty good looking too.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I wish Fox would give Mark Steyn his own show. He's smarter than Tucker Carlson and funnier than Jessie Watters. And for the ladies, I think, pretty good looking too.

He started his own show on the new CRTV network which was cancelled fairly quickly in animosity, resentment and bitterness. He may not have the disciplined work habits essential to a regularly scheduled show. Who knows?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
He may not have the disciplined work habits essential to a regularly scheduled show. Who knows?

So he's like me, then?

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
He may not have the disciplined work habits essential to a regularly scheduled show. Who knows?

So he's like me, then?

Smile. I've never met Steyn,but my guess is that your similarities are not similar.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I've met him. He's tall, red-headed, good-looking, and women swooned over him. So yeah, not similar. Frown
But he also sings.

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
his best biting edge material seems to come in waves and cycles.....I believe he has to develop his pithy commentary by giving a relative 'recovery' period where the white-hot heat of his observations of current events comes to season and mature into rigorously funny ;

and there's only so much of such wry dead-on commentary that even *I* can take.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Thirty minutes of Steyn might just be too much. I see him as a sprinter, not a Long Distance guy.

When he's good, he's great.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Thirty minutes of Steyn might just be too much. I see him as a sprinter, not a Long Distance guy.

When he's good, he's great.

RMD

That is sort of how it comes across when he subs for Rush. A lot of blustering backing and filling, and finally a comedy gold zinger.