SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    got it handled , thanks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

got it handled , thanks Login/Join 
posted
I can't find them on line,
I can find the whole alphabet, For $300.00
Roll Eyes

Seeking four inch by six inch
Adhesive, reflective, weatherproof
Numbers,
1, 2, 0, 3,

For the Apt. Bldg. front door.

Found the size but not reflective,
Found the reflective but not weather resistant.

Found weather resistant but not size.

Found all that I wanted but not sold separately.

Does some one here make them?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54607 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
If they can be simple stickers, I'd just have a local sign shop cut them for you out of reflective vinyl. Or you could have the sign shop cut them and then you could stick them on a plastic (or other material), embossed set of numbers.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called two local sign shops ,
I think they were going to do what you recommended ,

One quote was $43.00 the other one never got back to me.

I was trying to keep the price of all four numbers under $20.00.

Posts: 54607 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my area the local Volunteer Fire / EMS dept's make and sell them for a nominal fee.

Perhaps in your area also?

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
numbersandletters.com? They used to sell letters, but now it's just numbers in various sizes and styles.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
numbersandletters.com? They used to sell letters, but now it's just numbers in various sizes and styles.

That's where I got mine for my mailbox about a dozen years ago. They're high quality (1/16" or 1/8" thick, gasket material and vinyl), stick on, and mine are still firmly stuck. And reflective.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I called two local sign shops ,
I think they were going to do what you recommended ,

One quote was $43.00 the other one never got back to me.

I was trying to keep the price of all four numbers under $20.00.

Here. $2.99 each, any color you want.

https://www.smartsign.com/die-...1cc96f2ef7c1b50ca61a

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will try # and letters tomorrow,when I get to a computer, does not work on my phone.

Also, may try a boat shop to see if they sell what I require.

Smart sign only goes 3 inch's tall,
Unless I am mistaken

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Smart sign only goes 3 inch's tall,
Unless I am mistaken

That link provided is for 6 inch tall, white reflective die cut letters.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I worked with this company ( Alphabet Signs) and got what I needed. Might work well in your application?

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for local FD. Worked out great, green reflective decal on aluminum panel 6”x3” Complete with holes for mounting. Not faded, 6+ yrs in exposed western sun. VFD gave them out, you just had to sign up.

I can understand how easy it is to read them, especially when lights hit them.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Just checked my supplier for reflective sheets, I could probably CNC your needed numbers but it won’t be close to your 20.00 max....the 1/2 sheet alone is $52 without shipping....and my rough guess is I could squeeze your four numbers out of that half sheet.

ETA...adhesive backing adds 9 dollars to that half sheet....stuff is expensive!
I’m sure there’s a cheaper material to find ... keep looking

Eta#2....different supplier, same material but sell in quarter sheet with adhesive for just over 30 bucks. Material is 1/16 inch thick, UV stable outdoor rated and supposedly reflects brightly when light shines on it (headlights/flashlight/etc.) material is called IPI reflective...google search will show you what it is....still over your max but not as bad as I originally found

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Well my home town has a company that makes the area town, village, etc street signs. They do make reflective house numbers too. Check them out and give them a call to see what prices are.

Lange Enterprises

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks much folks, let me work on this for a bit,
I will get back to you.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

For a good hold with stick-ons, clean the surface first with denatured alcohol, or acetone.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My interaction with numbersandletters was purchasing 6” white numbers for my address. I stuck them to an aluminum plate painted to match the house and screwed onto the front of the house with stainless screws. It’s been outside for several years with no issues. The numbers are the reflective type that reflects light directly back to the source, so a flashlight at night hitting the numbers will really make them light up.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
got it done thanks for your help.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Some here might be interested in what your solution was.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this point,
I sent the Alphabet Signs link to the landlord of the apt. complex.

With a suggestion/request that she aquire the chosen numbers for her building .

If she decides to get the much less expensive 3 " tall numbers , ( roughly 1/8 the cost )

I may end up purchasing the six inch numbers,
We will have to wait and see.

There are no numbers currently, either on the bldg. Or on the mail boxes across the street.

Then again there are only three buildings on this street.

My concern is not for the volunteer
( local ) F.D , but the County L.E. or the Ambulance people.

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
If it is of any help, the alphabet sign company was able to customize mine to include two lines one with numbers the other with the road name. All it took was asking. Had a fast turn around and still look good after two years.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post