SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Something to Cheer us Miserables UP!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something to Cheer us Miserables UP! Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
Being prisoners in our own homes can result in some pretty creative stuff, especially if you've got an enthusiastic family involved. Worth watching!

https://www.weaselzippers.us/4...kZU4WiDIXVJfRTBpXeLs

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
We have a bunch to be thankful for.

I'm on the third day of a media blackout. My life is so much better since. Any updates I need to be getting (that aren't a bunch of hype breaking news) I get at work. I've become very consistent on PT every day. I've become more centered on dryfire 20-30 minutes a day, three or four days a week. Another upside is I learned how much money I was spending a week eating out, while pretending I wasn't eating out. I've ordered more ammo with the money I've saved from not eating out. That lesson alone is almost worth it. On the days that I do not work, I get out and go for a drive with the windows down. The near solitude is worth the cost. I've actually lost weight between the PT and eating at home.

You are only a prisoner in your home if you allow yourself to be. The grout in the bathroom has never looked better. Smile

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are only a prisoner in your home if you allow yourself to be. The grout in the bathroom has never looked better. Smile[/QUOTE]

That's the way I look at it. The house is ship shape as my grandfather would call it. We're doing the best we can with what we have. Everyone keep you chin up.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My wife is going through her just-reorganized sewing “notions” box and insisted I listen to the description of each item.
I just mentioned to my wife about the voodoo doll meme:

quote:
9th day of quarantine:
Wife in next room: do you ever get a stabbing pain in your chest like someone is poking pins in a voodoo doll?
Me: No.
Wife: How about now?

...and she said to herself “What have I got to stuff a voodoo doll with? Oh, I’ll just use a pillow.”

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
While I wish it was under different circumstances, I am HAPPY to be home!. I went from working 64 to 68 hours per week, to 24! Smile

I cleaned and lubed all my guns. Organized my large store of "gun stuff". Painted the upstairs bath and plugged and seeded the yard. I am working on dry fire 30 minutes a day and have started re-learning speed loading a sixgun.

While I pray this disease passes quickly and with as little loss of life as possible, I am not sad to be at home. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm on the third day of a media blackout

I agree totally. Too many media types are using this to their own advantage. Not to downplay the serious nature of it they seem to want to simply take shots at Trump.

Not listening or reading about it makes it slightly better.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
BTt

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post