SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car Battery Charger Advice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Battery Charger Advice Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Battery tender, bike/car/watercraft, use them on all. I have 2.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Been using Ctek for 10 years or so and they work great. Pick the model that best suits your needs.

I agree ^

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the answers, guys!

It looks like the CTEK got the most votes, but others sound good too. I will look around on-line to see which one seems to be the best bang for the buck.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I use this one a great deal in my work. https://cloreautomotive.com/product/pl2320/ It is often necessary to leave a car on a lift with the steering column unlocked and/or the transmission in neutral for many operations. This leaves the ignition accessory position on, which can and will run down a battery. The only beef I have is the same I have with all "smart" chargers - they don't like to charge totally dead batteries. Sometimes, to "trick" it into charging, I put a jump box on the battery for a while before connecting the charger.

Posts: 27958 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
The only beef I have is the same I have with all "smart" chargers - they don't like to charge totally dead batteries. Sometimes, to "trick" it into charging, I put a jump box on the battery for a while before connecting the charger.

If you have a charger (trickle or otherwise) that will not start the charging process if it does not recognize the connected battery, (happens when the dead battery is really dead, like <10volts), using the jump box is one solution. The older solution is to connect another, good, battery in parallel with the dead one, and then the charger will recognize good voltage and begin the charging process.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post