SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    High Quality Screwdrivers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High Quality Screwdrivers Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
About three years ago I bit the bullet and forked over around 90 bucks for a set of Wilson phillips screwdrivers. Probably the best money I ever spent when it comes to tools. I have never stripped any screw with them and they get used almost daily.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I prefer the soft-handled grips. Are any of those mentioned above significantly better than Husky?

Posts: 18056 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Wiha. I work for a German owned company in the field service department and we can order certain tools from Wiha.

Their stuff is top notch and very durable.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Wiha are good, but I prefer Felo. This set is outstanding, and very reasonably priced on Amazon at $54:

https://www.amazon.com/Felo-07...vers#customerReviews

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
About three years ago I bit the bullet and forked over around 90 bucks for a set of Wilson phillips screwdrivers. Probably the best money I ever spent when it comes to tools. I have never stripped any screw with them and they get used almost daily.

Wilson Phillips screwdrivers? Hold On!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbXvaE39wM

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Klein.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thank you, everyone. Lots to consider.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I've got a lot of nice ones, but the one that gets used all the time is a fine tooth ratcheting Snap-On with interchangable magnetic bits. Stupid expensive, and not always the answer, but it's the busiest tool in the house by far.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Everything you wanted to know about screwdriver brands from a PhD holding miner dude from Canadia.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:

Big Grin Big Grin

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Chach, that was a good video you posted. I agree w/ just about his entire assessment.

I have a Picquic SixPac Plus. If you can only have one screwdriver, it should be one of these or a competitor's knock-off version. Here's a good photo of one that was rebranded for LG.

What I like about the Picquic is the extended 1/4" hex bits work perfectly in drill and impact drivers. If a ratcheting function is important to you, then get Rolgear. Both Picquic and Rolgear are high quality, yet reasonably priced and won't break the bank unlike tool truck brands.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I have a Felo set. It comes in a metal case with one handle and has 12 different tips. Torx, slotted, phillips and hex. The handle can be used as a tee if needed.

Look up Felo on Amazon. They.have a wide selection. German made.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post