New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belts Login/Join 
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Armour Belts are what you seek. The best deal going, unbelievable quality and best customer services. I just took possession of a tan dress belt. Ordered and at my door in 4 days.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need to check out Ares Gear belts. Extremely high quality and made in the US. They are not made of leather though so they may not be your style. I have several of their Ranger belts and they are fantastic. Also infinitely adjustable.

https://www.aresgear.com/

Made in Texas, in the good ole' U.S. of A.

Posts: 242 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by ACTEG:
The armour belts are great (I have 2), but keep in mind they are thick. When I wear a t-shirt, the belt sticks out, and it looks like I am wearing a harness around my waist.

Before that I had a wilderness instructor belt, which was great (although a little pricy for what it is).

Little tip here, buy one of his dress belts (in whatever width you like) with the internal stiffener. I do this on all my Armour Belts now and it results in a much thinner belt that will still hold up the heaviest EDC rig.

Thanks for the tip. When I originally bought my belts, I don't think the dress belt was available.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on The Beltman

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Armour belts are great.

Beltman belts are great.

Ryan Grizzle belts are great.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for the Beltman.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by batex:
You need to check out Ares Gear belts. Extremely high quality and made in the US. They are not made of leather though so they may not be your style. I have several of their Ranger belts and they are fantastic. Also infinitely adjustable.

Agreed although I use the Aegis as I prefer the buckle. Less of a Tactical look imo. I've used leather in the past but for edc I won't go back.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Have had my Wilderness Instructor and Frequent Flyer belts for about 5 years now. Both as good as new.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The Belt Man All The Way!

I've worn his belt every day for the last 13 years and it's still going strong. I hope he's still in business if and when I ever need another one.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I have a beltman and three Armour Belts. All are great belts, but Armour is my current preference. This thread is a great example of Armour's craftsmanship and customer service.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23218 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well this is an old thread but I just used it to make my decision to buy an Armour Belt. It just arrived today and it is quite the belt. Arrived in a plain padded envelope in a ziplock bag, not very impressive at first glance. But I then saw the invoice with a "handwritten" thank you on it. I then opened the zip lock bag and was hit the the smell of fresh worked leather. I then looked over the belt, man this thing is thick and heavy. The stitching and workmanship was flawless. This belt is a work of true craftsmanship that appears to me like it is going to last many years. This is a gun belt first and foremost. The suggestion from someone above to get the dress belt with a stiffener is probably what I will do for any additional belts that I order, but this belt is going to used primarily for outside waistband IDPA competition use. The icing on the cake, it has my name embossed on the inside. I don't think I could be more pleased with the belt for my intended use. My only regret is that I missed the Black Friday sale by one week.

When I was deciding to order this belt I got an email for special Black Friday pricing on a gun belt from Relentless Tactical. The ads looked good and the special pricing with free shipping was very enticing (about half the price of Armour) so I decided order one of them as well. Well there is NO comparison. Even at twice the price I would buy the Armour belt again every time.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Armour belts are great.

Beltman belts are great.

Ryan Grizzle belts are great.

Hmmm. I’ve always done (and been happy with) beltman belts, but I’ve heard great things about Armour belts, and I know Ryan makes Fantastic holster. Dang, we are spoiled for choice! Big Grin

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Circa 2006 (well predating my joining here), I bought a Beltman belt and am still using it. It looks practically good as new.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Gunners Alley bull hide belts. I have one that is going on 15 years of hard wear.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Been wearing Beltman myself. I do need to find a good non-gunbelt yet stiff dress belt. Narrow and thin.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Still stand by what I said 4.5 years ago.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20812 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I wear a Beltman every day. My wife thought so much of my first one that she wanted one for herself. Their customer service is every bit as good as the product, you can't go wrong with The Beltman.

Posts: 6455 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
No way would I buy a belt without trying it on first. Unless I am carrying my .44 on my hip, I hate thick belts. I wear a belt all day, every day.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
Well this is an old thread but I just used it to make my decision to buy an Armour Belt. It just arrived today and it is quite the belt. Arrived in a plain padded envelope in a ziplock bag, not very impressive at first glance. But I then saw the invoice with a "handwritten" thank you on it. I then opened the zip lock bag and was hit the the smell of fresh worked leather. I then looked over the belt, man this thing is thick and heavy. The stitching and workmanship was flawless. This belt is a work of true craftsmanship that appears to me like it is going to last many years. This is a gun belt first and foremost. The suggestion from someone above to get the dress belt with a stiffener is probably what I will do for any additional belts that I order, but this belt is going to used primarily for outside waistband IDPA competition use. The icing on the cake, it has my name embossed on the inside. I don't think I could be more pleased with the belt for my intended use. My only regret is that I missed the Black Friday sale by one week.

When I was deciding to order this belt I got an email for special Black Friday pricing on a gun belt from Relentless Tactical. The ads looked good and the special pricing with free shipping was very enticing (about half the price of Armour) so I decided order one of them as well. Well there is NO comparison. Even at twice the price I would buy the Armour belt again every time.

Thank you for posting.

Had a similar experience with Armour and Mike.

Very very pleased!

Yes, having a "made exclusively for..." with one's name embossed inside is a wonderful touch to a true piece of craftsmanship.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
quote:
Originally posted by batex:

Agreed although I use the Aegis as I prefer the buckle. Less of a Tactical look imo. I've used leather in the past but for edc I won't go back.

I've been a fan of Ares Gear belts ever since owner Jake first got the business going 10+ years ago. The Ranger belt was his first iteration using the then popular Cobra buckle, it was solid, and relevant for the time but, a bit cumbersome especially for air travel. The new updated Aegis buckle, particularly the Gen II I've come to love and my go-to belt for just about everything, not as tactical so easier to wear EDC with chinos. Wilderness Gear I'm a fan of, for a solid Rigger's Belt style, they're the one's.

Looks like I'll have to check out Armour Belts given the positive feedback everyone's had.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post