SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else like arranging related objects in parallel or 90 degree angles?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else like arranging related objects in parallel or 90 degree angles? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Symmetry and correct spatial organization are very important to me. I could make a good architect, but I'd be a horrible artist. The is no other way to arrange the above items, any attempt to do so would disrupt the space time continuum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Symmetry and correct spatial organization are very important to me. I could make a good architect, but I'd be a horrible artist. The is no other way to arrange the above items, any attempt to do so would disrupt the space time continuum.

Ha! I knew I liked you skins!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I have to make a conscious effort NOT to do that when planting flowers and shrubs.

Grandfather once taught me, the first time I was planting some bulbs, to turn my back on the planter and toss the bulbs over my shoulder. Where they landed is where they get planted.

Once I decided to do some gladiola bulbs in a row - they do not look natural when coming up.

To the OP - yup, I do this too, whether placing parts on the table when cleaning a gun, nuts and bolts when working on a car, or the tools in the tool box - guilty as noted.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
thanks to JShugart for restoring balance and continuity to the iCloud!!!(i can't find it Cloud) noted & appreciated.

A few years ago I was watching a Glock factory armorer at a GSSF match tune up guns of participants.

He had 2 short-length canvas rolls of tools; mostly used one. EVERY time he removed a tool WHEN he put it down, it went back in proper pocket.

Time after time, he didn't even need to look where his hand went, and he was faster in servicing each pistol than any I've ever seen, rather like a concert master pianist playing allegro con spirito arpeggios.

Annoying artificial appearance of order at first, eventually I became enthusiastic about such heresy, and over the last few years have managed to bring my own tool-placement into similar semblance of order.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I'm an excellent driver.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Adam Savage and crew do it all the time on their "Tested" YouTube channel, especially when working with LEGO.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post