SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What a zoo!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What a zoo! Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
My daughter recently moved into her new house. It's on 9 acres of hardwood and you'd think you were way out in banjo-land, but her house is 1700 feet from a Super Walmart if you take the most direct route through the woods.

She set up her game camera and so far has sent me pictures of:

Deer - meh, no big surprise there.
Turkey - likewise.
Bear - Yikes!

And tonight, a BIG cat. Can't tell from the night shot if it's a bobcat or a lynx, but given how tall it is, we're thinking lynx.

I can remember when spotting a bear was a HUGE deal and turkeys were unheard of around here. Heck even the eagles are getting populous enough that they border on being a pest. They've taken two of my chickens this summer.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to start a 'People of Walmart' response, but your proximity to a Super Walmart is going to bring you even more exotic animals than you ever would want to see.

And I'd still be careful about them and your chickens.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
I'm not going to start a 'People of Walmart' response, but your proximity to a Super Walmart is going to bring you even more exotic animals than you ever would want to see.

And I'd still be careful about them and your chickens.

H&K-Guy

I know, right? I love to sit at the Dunkin' Donuts counter and people-watch while SWMBO shops. Haven't seen anything quite on the scale of the P of W website, but I have seen several that I wouldn't let out in public like that if they were my family.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post