SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone 8 case recommendations?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone 8 case recommendations? Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted
Hi all,

I just updated from an iPhone 6 to a new iPhone 8. I've used a Magpul bump case for a few years and love it. Looks like they only make the field case for the iPhone 7/8. Is it basically as good as the bump case? If not, what other cases do you recommend that provide a similar level of protection and ergonomics? I use a tempered glass screen protector, so I'm looking for a case similar to the bumb/field cases. Thanks.

Chris

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Check out the Otterbox Symmetry. I was in the same spot and came across this one. I really like like it, it’s not like a traditional Otterbox

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
UAG is by far my favorite when I use a case

https://urbanarmorgear.com/pro...er-case-for-iphone-8

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Rhinoshield cases, the Playproof specifically.

I do not like the bulk asscoayed with the Otterbox cases but still want good protection. I stumpled upon this brand while searching You Tube for case reviews....They always placed high in drop tests and people that have them seem to love them

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I’m a big fan of Spigen’s Neo Hybrid cases.

https://smile.amazon.com/Spige...forced/dp/B07482P44X

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
+1 for UAG, got one on my X

quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
UAG is by far my favorite when I use a case

https://urbanarmorgear.com/pro...er-case-for-iphone-8

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
This is what work supplies for our Iphone 8's, it has the 10 foot drop-roof feature and is slimmer than most cases.

https://www.amazon.com/Incipio...ncipio+iphone+8+case

I prefer the Spigen, I have used it for years and it has never let me down.

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-...spigen+iphone+7+case

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Incipio is good, but I switched to speck and prefer it now. I like a slim case.

https://www.amazon.com/Speck-P...=speck+iphone+8+case

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seidio Dilex

Best case I've ever had. I've gone through at least 20 different brands of cases and the Dilex model from Seidio strikes the right balance between design, rugged durability and style. You can also get them Kryptek camouflage.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also use the clear Speck case on my 8+ and love it.

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
If battery issues are a problem for you get the Apple smart battery case for the iPhone 7. It fits and works perfectly and is the best battery case you will ever use as the phone is programmed to work with it seemlessly

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Incipio or Speck

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I know they are leftist hacks but I love speck cases. Been using them since my iPhone 5.

I use the presidio grip

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Otterbox

Either Otterbox Symmetry and a glass screen protector if you want to go with a slim package

Or

The Otterbox Defender if you want full drop protection. You can still add glass screen protector and remove otters plastic version that is included with the case.

Otterbox offers lifetime replacement guarantee on their cases. Wear and tear whatever.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies, guys. I appreciate it. I learned about a whole bunch of cases I'd never heard of before.

Chris

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the otter box defender for my iPhone 5 that I just upgraded to an 8. When I took the case off it looked like a brand new phone despite being dropped hundreds of times. So I got another defender go my 8, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post