SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can't a rapper and his posse shop in peace....without getting pepper sprayed by the Po-Po?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't a rapper and his posse shop in peace....without getting pepper sprayed by the Po-Po? Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://www.clarionledger.com/s...ip-biloxi/100308452/

At first, it was a rap star on a spring break shopping jaunt on a Mississippi Sunday afternoon. Then, cellphone video shows a security guard pepper spraying rapper Boosie Badazz and his entourage after he told them to leave the Polo Ralph Lauren section of a department store. Finally, police say it was five people attacking the security guard and a Biloxi police officer outside the department store moments later.

Biloxi Police Lt. Christopher De Back said three men face felony assault charges, while two juveniles were also arrested after the mall melee, sparked by what officers said was a disorderly crowd following the rapper.

Formerly known as Lil Boosie, he had performed in Biloxi Saturday night. The Mississippi Gulf Coast was crowded with what police said were as many as 60,000 tourists attending Black Beach Weekend, an annual magnet for young African-Americans from throughout the South. Edgewater Mall, where the incident took place, is a focus for crowds.

De Back said the guard pepper sprayed at least one person as he sought to eject a crowd from a Dillard’s department store. De Back said he didn’t know if the Louisiana rapper, born Torence Hatch, was sprayed, but cellphone videos posted by local media show Boosie within a few feet of the officer when he sprays the chemical agent.

After the crowd exited the store, De Back said people “who appeared to be with Lil Boosie” attacked the security guard and a Biloxi police officer who waded in, knocking both to the ground and kicking and punching them.

Boosie was present during the assault, but didn’t participate, De Back said.

Police said the assailants left in a van and were arrested a short time later about 4 miles away in Biloxi.

Charged with felony assault are 19-year-old Ivy Givens of Baton Rouge, Louisiana; 32-year-old Sedale Coleman of Tucker, Georgia; and 26-year-old Patrick Tolbert of Mobile, Alabama. Givens and Coleman were released from the Harrison County jail Monday after posting $50,000 bail. Tolbert remains jailed unless he posts bail.

Police also arrested the van’s driver, 33-year-old Ollie Harper of Atlanta, on charges of possessing a stolen gun. Harper also remains jailed pending $50,000 bail.

It’s unclear if any of the men have attorneys to speak for them.

De Back said police also arrested two 17-year-old juveniles from Baton Rouge. While the three men and one juvenile are charged with assaulting both the guard and the officer, one juvenile is charged with only assaulting the officer.

Dillard’s and the mall didn’t respond to requests for comment from local media. Management for Boosie did not respond to requests for comment from The Associated Press.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Black Beach Weekend

Say what?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Black Beach Weekend

Say what?
Pretty self explanatory.

You can certainly try to go to the beach if you aren't black, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Could you imagine what "White Beach Weekend" might look like? /shivers/

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

For some reason I'm reminded of ASG's "chack-chack" speech Big Grin

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Why do I have a vision of spandex filled with cream corn and door knobs.

And I'll also point out something I have learned from policing. The ones that run around naked, aren't the ones that anyone cares to see. At least around here.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
So that's where the freaknik folks went.

My rapper name iz 2Katz

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
So that's where the freaknik folks went.

I was wondering where that crowd got off to. Glad they were stopped from returning to Atlanta.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Black Beach Weekend

Say what?

Exxon Valdez??

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
quote:
Black Beach Weekend

Say what?

Exxon Valdez??

Big Grin Razz

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

White Beach Weekend is so fleeting as to be nearly imperceptible as it gives way to Firey Red Beach Weekend slathered with Aloe and gauze. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29694 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Home boy, er...I mean Boozie, was just looking to add to his street cred.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Black Beach Weekend

Say what?

Myrtle Beach, SC has a Black Bike Week.

Posts: 27945 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
In a world of bad choices calling yourself "Lil" anything is right up there.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad they were stopped from returning to Atlanta

They stopped when after seven years, someone finally realized that there was no beach there.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Used to hit Daytona, famous for shutting down A1A with cruising up and down the road, worse than Speedweeks and Bikeweek combined.

Lots of destruction, massive amounts of police overtime, arrests, drugs, problems, we had a beachfront condo that we had to take out of circulation, same for normal spring break, not worth the crap done to risk your investment for drunk college kids, black or white.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Is it wrong for me to associate RAP with lawlessness?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bigboreshooter/media/MISC/Stupid%20Criminals/Boosie.jpg.html]

Jan. 31, 2007

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

— Joe Biden, describing fellow candidate Barack Obama.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8349 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Could be that the security guard did not understand Ebonics so it went downhill from there.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why do I have a vision of spandex filled with cream corn and door knobs.

That's so gross, and accurate.

Big Grin

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post