SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yahoo email question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yahoo email question Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted
Does anybody here use yahoo email?

It's been hit or miss with me for a few days now. I get the message "yahoo not responding", asks if I want to reload page. My computer finally just quit trying to reload it this morning, after many attempts.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
No problems for me. Using win10 computer and Android phone. FIOS is ISP.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
It's been working for me this weekend and this morning too.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally got tired of the bullshit and dumped it about 2 weeks ago.

Posts: 325 | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Verizon acquired the increasingly irrelevant Yahoo! in July of last year. I doubt they're terribly concerned over the state of Y!'s free email services.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problems this weekend for me either. I'm using a MacBook. Sometimes I get a small icon that informs me Yahoo isn't working. I run a test and it comes back that everything is fine. I log out and back in and everything is OK

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
This past weekend I had a few outgoing email just sitting there, so, yes, I had issues with yahoo this weekend.

Getting ready to ditch it.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Haven't checked my Yahoo mail lately so can't say as to the OP's problem. However besides Gmail Yahoo is the biggest spam magnet ever.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Verizon acquired the increasingly irrelevant Yahoo! in July of last year. I doubt they're terribly concerned over the state of Y!'s free email services.

AT&T Uverse uses Yahoo as their mail server. I thought this might end with the Verizon deal, but not so far. I've really had very few problems with the Yahoo service but only use the web interface on occasion opting for direct access through Thunderbird and Apple mail aps on iPhone and iPads. The only annoying thing is every week or so, I'm prompted to reenter the pass word for access. I'm guessing this has some connection to the security issues Yahoo has had over the past year or so.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Seems to be working fine on my iPhone.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
No real problems for me either. Sometimes a little slow.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I'm a longtime Ymail user. 99% of the time, I access my Ymail accounts through my Win10 OS laptop. I use Ymail's web browser. I don't sync it w/ mail software, such as Outlook.

It's been stable for me. Occasionally I get a 'no internet connection' or 'mail not responding' message. These are almost always resolved in tenths of seconds by reloading the website.

My only complaints are:

1. Lately when I select several emails for deletion, it takes an unusually long time for them to delete, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

2. I don't want to upgrade to Ymail's new interface, despite despite their constant reminders.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Working fine on my Win10 AIO again, I don't know it was acting up for a few days, and is now good.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've not had problems with my Yahoo! Mail account, except that from time to time Outlook will not be able to connect for send and/or receive using it. I just this morning had on-line help to get the two talking to each other again. Admittedly, I'm running W7Pro and IE11 and Outlook2016.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post