SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    220 Million to build Barry’s Library in IL paid for by a state that is broke
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

220 Million to build Barry’s Library in IL paid for by a state that is broke Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
They couldn’t find a mosque to put it in?

https://freedomoutpost.com/oba...t-least-200-million/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: spunk639,

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but it took leadership and vision to do it, so it's okay.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
$220M?

Just wait until the Chicago Unions get to work... All that road work and such will cost double...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
So completely predictable.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
$220M library and I bet not one copy of the constitution. Maybe multiple copies of the Koran though.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
$220M library and I bet not one copy of the constitution. Maybe multiple copies of the Koran though.

The Story I read said there won't be any books. After spending $220 Mill... they couldn't buy any.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Fuck 'em. They voted for their government so they deserve it.

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
$220M?

Just wait until the Chicago Unions get to work... All that road work and such will cost double...

I think you are a bit optimistic. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they would still build it if Stampy Feet asked them not to. I would be ashamed to have a monument built in my 'honor'. I think venerating politicians is destructive and validates the oppression most of them imposed on a 'free' people.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carnegie built a hell of a lot more libraries for a lot less money.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
Well, there won't be long lines to get in so a one lane gravel road will work to get to it.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m appalled to know that I’m going to be forced to help pay for this shit. I can’t believe that this asshole is ok with making us pay for this useless shit when we, as a state, are so broke. Narcissism at its finest. F this guy.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Carnegie built a hell of a lot more libraries for a lot less money.

Carnegie used his own money to serve others. Obama is using other peoples money to serve himself.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Since Trump has pretty much wiped out all of Zippy's accomplishments, while he was in office, It shouldn't take too much room to store what's left.

I'm thinking a 4' by 4' storage shed should hold his Nobel Prize, and his Netflix contract. Shouldn't cost more than $50.00 a month.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Just more wasteful spending. In time, it will look like any other abandoned building on the southside.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Then it'll be taken over and reworked into a coffee shop, a local branch of the Y, a flea market and a city-managed skate park. Then it'll be sold to some big developer who'll replace it all with condos.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
A disgusting, shameful waste. Seriously, $220 million is an absurd amount. Absurd in the very true meaning of the word.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder how long before it gets tagged? On the inside.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2887 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

Contains two volumes:
1) Sears
2) Roebuck

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post