SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Protesters trying to break INTO jail in the City of St. Louis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Protesters trying to break INTO jail in the City of St. Louis Login/Join 
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted
It's the heat, not the good food

A state senator present and doing nothing as these loons shake the outer perimeter fence of the St. Louis "workhouse." I toured this place in high school, which was some 18 years ago. Granted, it wasn't 100 degrees then. This all started a couple days ago when a news crew outside the fence reported hearing inmates screaming and yelling about it being hot from open windows. Who has a jail riot OUTSIDE a jail? The City of St. Louis.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Air conditioning is a right and we should all pay for it, it is right there in the bill of rights. It's not the criminals fault they broke the law and were sent to a no-AC facility. Oh the horror.

How about stay out of trouble, get a job and buy your own.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
The summer of 89 was a hot one. If you scratched your brow sweat would pour. Best to lay very still ......

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
When did jail become club med?

How do you stop people from breaking into jail? - - Open the outer perimeter gate,
- let them in,
- close the gate
- Make announcement "Welcome new inmates, please follow the fence line for processing into your new home".

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
How do you stop people from breaking into jail? - - Open the outer perimeter gate,
- let them in,
- close the gate
- Make announcement "Welcome new inmates, please follow the fence line for processing into your new home".

Well hell, why not? We're probably already feeding and housing most of the protestors anyway. Why not confine their movements?

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well hell, why not? We're probably already feeding and housing most of the protestors anyway. Why not confine their movements?

Good idea!
Eventually, I think we will have to wall off entire cities to keep them contained... and then Let them burn.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24103 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
During my four years at the Academy, we weren't allowed to have air conditioning. We were permitted box fans for our windows. And let me tell you. Those summers in Kings Point, NY were HOT. And they were awfully humid.

I have ever zero sympathy for these inmates.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those summers in Kings Point, NY were HOT.

My daughter almost went to the United States Merchant Marine Academy. If she hadn't gotten into USNA she would have.
In some ways, I wish she had gone to Kings Point.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24103 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post