SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those who imbibe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those who imbibe Login/Join 
posted
Tip up an extra glass today to remember December 5th, 1933, the ratification of the 21st:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._States_Constitution

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Well then picking up this 132.5 proof Stagg Jr. tonight was rather timely. You know when you take a drink of this - it lights up your mouth and belly - in a good way!

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I bought a bottle of Founder's CBS today, Prost!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I didn’t really need all that extra enabling, but I’ll be more than happy to double up on the nightly Glendronach. Cheers!

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Funny, had Glendronach last night as well.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
As for beer,
Prohibition was disaster for small breweries across the nation. Large breweries managed to survive making baking products but the local micro breweries to the smallest brewers had no choice but to close.

Now days people are aghast at the number and variety of small breweries serving locals. This is the way it was before prohibition in the U.S.

The behemoths Bud, Miller, Coors, etc. were the result of prohibition. And since then, they did their best to keep control distribution and commercialization.

Tonight, I had a few pale ales at a tiny brewery w/ no more than 8 tables and 8 spots at the bar. Each "Covered Bridge" pale ale was better than anything BMC ever offered.

For food they had a list of ph# for local joints that would deliver. It doesn't get smaller or more local than that.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Yep, exercise your constitutional right!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8931 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post