New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Email Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted
I have had it with AOL email crap. Does a whole lot more than I will every want, or use. Which makes it so complicated as to be unusable.

Suggestions for a simple email package that does email.

Thanks

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
openmailbox.org

no frills email

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
G mail.
Set it up easy,sends crap to spam and deletes after 30 days.
I have mine set as to never see popups
Been on for about ten years,the other three I have I never go there,they are all shit.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend getting a private email address. I use reagan.com.

There are no ads, they don't read your emails and sell your information like Google or Hotmail does, and it's straightforward and not complicated at all.

And of course you also get to represent your appreciation for one of this country's best presidents.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I 2nd what 45Cal posted. Gmail is excellent. I have Outlook Mail as a 2nd email box.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
How about proton mail...free encrypted email.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ac26
posted Hide Post
I hate AOL email also. I’m an old Verizon customer that was sold to AOL.

I have tried to change my email on this forum to my Gmail account however I receive this error message;

Error: The email address you listed is not allowed for registration on this site. Most free email addresses are not allowed in this forum, so this is not a ban of your specific email address, but rather, a general ban of the provider you specified. NOTE: This site requires that you verify this email address.

Does anyone know how I need to verify my address? I know others here use gmail email, I must be doing something wrong.

Posts: 191 | Location: Dallas Texas | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
gmail for a free one.

Or, you can host your own domain (for example, "elkHunter.com") on Google for twelve bucks a year. Then, you can have a whole bunch of email addresses, like Fred@elkHunter.com, Suzy@elkHunter.com, etc.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30635 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
gmail is very easy and simple. Their filters work very well for dealing with spam and other crap.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16389 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Free isn't always the best.
GMail or Hotmail/live.com are two that are decent.

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have used yahoo for years trouble free

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I first got AOL in the 90s. I have since got a gmail & a Yahoo email acts.
I prefer the AOL myself.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4132 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want something simple without a lot of bells and whistles I recommend mail.com. There are multiple domain from which to choose. The web interface is clean and you can set up the Outlook client to access the mail as well.

There are mail.com apps available for the iPhone as well and android devices. I have several accounts with them. Never been dissatisfied.

https://www.mail.com/

Posts: 416 | Location: Near Dallas, TX | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ac26:

I have tried to change my email on this forum to my Gmail account however I receive this error message;

Error: The email address you listed is not allowed for registration on this site. Most free email addresses are not allowed in this forum, so this is not a ban of your specific email address, but rather, a general ban of the provider you specified. NOTE: This site requires that you verify this email address.

Does anyone know how I need to verify my address? I know others here use gmail email, I must be doing something wrong.

Pretty much says it in the error. You cant use an AOL address.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:

Pretty much says it in the error. You cant use an AOL address.

Gmail is a no-go on being the forum email. It's on the list of free emails. I tried myself when I registered on this site so many moons ago.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are two separate email addresses that can be associated with your ID here on SIGforum:
  • The email address that you register with, to join the forum. This one can NOT be a free email service, like gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc. It must be a "paid for" email address. You probably have one or more with your ISP. This address can not be seen by anyone except for forum administrators. Think of it as a "private" address.

• The other email address, is your "public" forum address. This is optional, you do not need to use one, but it's a good idea. You "publish" it in your profile. It can be seen by forum members only, if they are logged in. The general internet population can read most sections of SIGforum, but can not see anything in your profile, can not see this address, unless they are forum members and are logged in. This address, if you use one, can be the same as your registration address if you like, or it can be any email address including the free ones like gmail, hotmail, etc.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30635 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I use Gmail and Proton Mail.

Protonmail is great if you want secure encrypted email.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
How about proton mail...free encrypted email.

I second this.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
I first got AOL in the 90s. I have since got a gmail & a Yahoo email acts.
I prefer the AOL myself.

I can't see how aol can be complicated. I still use it. I had to use gmail when I was in the job market because no one uses aol on their resume.

The only thing I didn't like about aol was that it automatically moved opened emails to the old box.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post