SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best headlamp and magnifier ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best headlamp and magnifier ?? Login/Join 
posted
Principal use would be to do simple gunsmithing work. It would be important to me that it would be comfortable and have good magnification. I am not sure if variable magnification is best or just the strength of good reading glasses. Thanks

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I have an Optivisor which has interchangeable lenses. There is a lighting option which I do not have so I can't comment on that but I've been very satisfied with the Optivisor.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
swing by the local sewing center, they will have two or three for you to try out.

$8.00 to $30.00

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Check to see if you have a low vision center in your area. The blind have some pretty good shit for helping use what you have left. Google Maxiaides (sp) wife gets some stuff from them

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there any other suggestions? Could really use some help here. I cant find a low vision center or sewing center locally. Thanks

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
^^^^

I've seen headset magnifiers at both Home Depot and Harbor Freight but I don't own or have experience with either one.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have one FiveJoy brand that I got off Amazon last September. I don't use it a lot but it is very effective and comfortable to wear.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Google jewelers visor for an almost unlimited supply of what you're looking for. As to light I just make sure I have enough lumes in my work area.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
This one looks pretty good to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Carson-...words=jewelers+visor

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I will check out the additional suggestions.

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
I have an Optivisor which has interchangeable lenses. There is a lighting option which I do not have so I can't comment on that but I've been very satisfied with the Optivisor.

I also have an Optivisor, and this lighting system for it:

https://www.amazon.com/Quasar-...visors/dp/B0058ECQ46

Instead of one light on top like the actual Optivisor light, which can cast shadows, it has 6 LEDs arrayed around the lenses. Works great.

I have mainly used it for soldering and desoldering small SMD electronic components in audio equipment.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add, I have this one. It can be made to work, but is a complete POS. You have been warned.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post