SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christmas Lights - Let's see them!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas Lights - Let's see them! Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
Let's see what your Christmas decorations look like. Smile

Finally got all ours up tonight.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh, orderly, neatly arranged lights. Nicely draped on the bushes. Straight lines along the eaves. So pleasing to the eye.

Well done.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
mine...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
One of my neighbors getting a little help stringing Christmas lights. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
We don't do much outside.
Three trees inside though.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Hard to get a good pic for some reason.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
Ahhhh, orderly, neatly arranged lights. Nicely draped on the bushes. Straight lines along the eaves. So pleasing to the eye.

Well done.

The OCD in me is struggling with the one light out of place over your entry way!!
Looking away...

Big Grin
Very nice though!

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
I know! Get the ladder out man, for the SAKE of ORDER IN THE UNIVERSE!!!

Otherwise it looks GREAT!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
^^^^^^

Damn you both! That frigging light has been bugging me since I put everything up. It takes a 20' extension ladder to reach it, and I was hoping the Florida sun (and 80+ degree temps) would cause that cord to soften, and gravity to work its magic. Guess the ladder will come back out tonight if its still standing up. Frown

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I was giving you a pass on that one because the rest was so nice!!

Big Grin

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
First time putting lights up & didn't quite have a tall enough ladder.
Next year they'll look better, didn't use the individual clips for the nice uniform look.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
You guys are harsh....
bigdeal, I think they look great!

Around here, I've been spending more time picking up leaves than putting up lights.... Roll Eyes but will try to add more.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
^^^^^^

Damn you both! That frigging light has been bugging me since I put everything up. It takes a 20' extension ladder to reach it, and I was hoping the Florida sun (and 80+ degree temps) would cause that cord to soften, and gravity to work its magic. Guess the ladder will come back out tonight if its still standing up. Frown

looks great I noticed that light as well, wasn't going to mention it but now that its out of the bag the gap between the center lights 16-17 over the garage is greater than the rest... Big Grin

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
STORMIN NORMING:

What a beautiful and extremely pleasing and cozy interior you have at home! Fantastic atmosphere.

Outside is very nice also.

Pat

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

John F. Kennedy

Posts: 169 | Registered: April 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
First year with a fake tree. We went to Roberts’s Christmas World in Clearwater for it. It’s like Santa’s workshop in there. For the outside I bought the big bulb GE LED lights last year for the new house. They can do all kinds of patterns and every color possible. Just push a remote and watch them change. The candy canes came from Costco. They alternate between red and green.
https://imgur.com/a/7EARb

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pat@Nexus:
STORMIN NORMING:

What a beautiful and extremely pleasing and cozy interior you have at home! Fantastic atmosphere.

Outside is very nice also.

Pat

Thanks! I will let my wife know as she decorates the inside and I do the outside. She does a great job.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Only part of my lights are up--my Handyman has been busy and out of town, and I can't do ladders. Hopefully the rest will go up this week and I'll post some photos.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Got my lights done....

Posts: 5027 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1090 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post