SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Masked Antifa mob attacks a group marching who had a legal permit to march,Portland OR
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Masked Antifa mob attacks a group marching who had a legal permit to march,Portland OR Login/Join 
posted
Video at website shows it all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...-rally-Portland.html

Shocking moment flash-bang grenade is thrown into right-wing Patriot Prayer rally igniting violent clashes with Antifa in Portland

Four were arrested after violent clashes between Patriot Prayer and Antifa in Portland on Saturday
Pro-Trump group said it organized the 'free speech' march to protest police failing to protect its events
Antifa call the group racist and were seen throwing objects before a melee broke out between the sides
Police revoked the marchers' permit after the riot broke out and confiscated a number of weapons

This is the moment a flash-bang grenade appears to go off amid a Patriot Prayer march in Portland, seconds before a melee between the right-wing group and Antifa.

Four people were arrested amid the violence on Saturday, which broke out when the pro-Trump group's scheduled march encountered an opposing group associated with a second nearby rally.

Neither rally was directly related to President Donald Trump's immigration policy, which drew peaceful protests elsewhere in Portland and across the country on Saturday.

Police said four people were transported to area hospitals by ambulance, three with non serious injuries and one with a serious but non-life threatening injury. One police officer also suffered what was believed to be a non-serious and non-life-threatening injury as a result of being struck by a projectile.

'They were throwing rocks, they were throwing bottles, you need to tell the truth,' one middle-aged woman in a Make America Great Again hat said after the clashes, addressing media in remarks caught on camera.

'No one on our side did anything violent, everything was self defense,' she claimed. 'You guys have to stop it because you're encouraging these people to come down here and try to murder us.'

Organizers of the Patriot Prayer rally said it was to protest the lack of police protection from left-wing groups at prior events in Portland.

'The nation is EXTREMELY angry about how Portland citizens treated Freedom Loving Americans who marched in the streets of this dangerous city,' the group said in an invitation to the event.

Antifa groups called Patriot Prayer a fascist and racist group. Patriot Prayer leaders have denounced racism and say their events are open to all races.

Cops released photos of seized weapons including bear mace, clubs, gloves with reinforced knuckles, batons, knives and handgun clips. It is unclear which side the weapons were seized from.

'Portland Police planned for today's protest so that people could exercise their First Amendment rights to speech and assembly,' said Deputy Chief Bob Day in a statement.

'We seized numerous weapons early on, and interceded and separated people when necessary. However, once projectiles, such as fireworks, eggs, rocks, bottles and construction equipment were thrown and people were injured, we ordered people to disperse,' Day said.

Patriot Prayer describes itself as a conservative free speech group that is open to all races.

The group's organizers, Joey Gibson, said in an interview with KOIN that the march was intended to show 'that there's a political move right now to have the police stand down in order to impact free speech in some of these big cities.'

'Portland's the last city on the West Coast that's doing that, so we just have to keep hitting it -- I don't see what else to do other than that,' Gibson said.

'We'll make Portland so ugly in terms of how they allow these protesters to charge us when we have a permit. The police stood down, we were told they would not stand down, so we have to challenge it.'

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Notice ANtifa doesn't pull these stunts in 2A friendly locales.................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
As the left ratchets up it's "Conservative = Nazi" rhetoric more of their useful idiots will instigate this type of violence. This is just the beginning and it won't end well.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Portland, what a place...

There was the guy in Portland who got shot and killed by the cops when his gun fell out of his holster, and he went to pick it up...

https://www.kgw.com/article/ne...es-say/283-569090275

Doesn't have anything to do with this march, but wow.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is unclear which side the weapons were seized from.

Oh.

Huh.

Stumper, that one.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Notice ANtifa doesn't pull these stunts in 2A friendly locales.................

They did it is Charlottesville, VA. One of the Antifa crowd was struck by a car and died. Still waiting for the outcome of the trial where the driver that was charged.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I saw a blurb about this on Fox this morning. The hosts kept saying "the anti-faciats did XXX" and it was driving me nuts. I wanted to scream "they are NOT anti-facists they are FACISTS!". Ugg had to change the channel. People need to start calling them what they are and not the name they co-opted to decieve everyone.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
As the left ratchets up it's "Conservative = Nazi" rhetoric more of their useful idiots will instigate this type of violence...

I thought that conservatives want a smaller government and the Nazi party liked bigger government. I wonder what other party likes bigger government? Hmm...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I saw a blurb about this on Fox this morning. The hosts kept saying "the anti-faciats did XXX" and it was driving me nuts. I wanted to scream "they are NOT anti-facists they are FACISTS!". Ugg had to change the channel. People need to start calling them what they are and not the name they co-opted to decieve everyone.

100% agree.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yup...I agree with whoever mentioned these incidents not taking place in 2A-friendly areas, with SOME exception, as noted. So think about the impact if that had been a live grenade instead of a flash-bang. I don't think we're too far off from that scenario, coming soon to a neighborhood near you...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

The Left is ugly, hypocritical, violent, selfish, childish, immoral, aggressive, genocidal, bellicose, tyrannical, usurpatious, exploitative, envious, greedy, ill-disciplined, ignoble and sociopathic. Leftists cannot be honest about their identity. They must wear the sheep's clothing to deceive the inattentive.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If they believe their cause is just, they shouldn't need to hide their faces.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
So I never bothered to look up Patriot Prayer. I did today, as well as founder Joey Gibson. Interestingly Wikipedia says SPLC says founder not racist and group not a hate group. SPLC could label a church knitting group as a hate group. So right off the bat that had me wondering why has Nancy Pelosi and ANTIFA called him a white supremacist that must be stopped. Ironically I guess Nancy and ANTIFA never bothered to find out the founder was a person of color.

Then I found this video from Gibson. Unless he's lying about his beliefs and motives then all he's calling for is free speech, acceptance, and participation in government. He doesn't even care about what party you are let alone sex, gay/straight, race, etc. Seems to me that he follows a libertarian mantra.

I'm sure many of you already know everything I found, if not watch the attached video.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/T5j4kyyyrxQ

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Libertarians are enemies of the left.
I so found this out the hard way.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
So think about the impact if that had been a live grenade instead of a flash-bang.

Just a point of order, that wasn't an actual "flash bang" or NFDD (Noise Flash Distraction Device). NFDD's are much louder and brighter. That's not saying that NFDDs haven't walked away from training deployments and falsely listed as dispersed, and fall into the wrong hands, but true NFDDs are extremely hard to get, and are very tightly controlled by BATF. They are serialized, and if it had been, someone in .gov service would be explaining why they reported the bang as expended, and the serial number shows up elsewhere. That is a career ender right there. So much so, that we have 55 gallon drums full of old bang bodies. You want to see this or that was expended, well, we got it.

What went off in that video was some type of firework.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for that clarification! So dailymail.co.uk has participated in "fake news"??

Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for that clarification! So dailymail.co.uk has participated in "fake news"??

Big Grin

Possibly. Or maybe they don't know any different either. I mean, hell, I watched Bruce Willis buy a machine gun at a gun store in Chicago last night on TV, so it is highly probable that they think that you can buy bangs at Wal Mart.

That seems to be where they get most of their information on gun stories from, you know?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Bet it was a dry ice bottle bomb.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it shows the stupidity and bias of the media when they call Antifa anti facists when Antifa are the ones who are trying to stop Free speech. Antifa tries to stop free speech while calling the other side, facists?

How can anybody buy that bunk? It also shows that there is ignorance and bias enough to go around this country and back.

Yeah was kinda hoping that stuff like that would happen in places that do not take that crap to teach Antifa a lesson and get it stopped in its tracks.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Bet it was a dry ice bottle bomb.

Too much smoke.

Likely it was a firework mortar shell, one with "report" and no streamers.

I tell people firework shells are mighty handy to have in your EOTWAWKI kit.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post