SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Soft Pretzel Rolls, have you tried them?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Soft Pretzel Rolls, have you tried them? Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I am certain, Rooster Cogburn needed these, along with his corn dodgers on the trail. At least, after a 45 caliber slug made a through hole, he'd still have some food remaining to eat. Corn dodgers would return to meal dust. Who thinks of these things? Pretzel rolls, so good.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
whAT ARE THEY ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Why they're soft pretzel dough rolls bendable. They look like a baked potato... Big Grin They taste of pretzel. They're food by golly.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Pics for reference?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Why they're soft pretzel dough rolls bendable. They look like a baked potato... Big Grin They taste of pretzel. They're food by golly.

Food, you say? Calling this Nectar of the Gods (especially when dipped in a nice spicy mustard)
"food" is damning with faint praise!

It's probably just as well I can't find them in this benighted hellhole of unsophisticated comestibles, I'd weigh 300 pounds easy.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I wondered if they would be fattening PHpaul. And yes, dipping them is just dandy, even tomato soup. If you have a Wegmans or Krogers there? You can bake your own too.

posted Hide Post
who puts 'em out ? Nestle's?

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Pics for reference?
I cant post pics with my phone.

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
These? I'm in!

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's the little dumplings right there.. Big Grin My, they are good.

Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
One of the nearby Amish markets sells sausage pretzel rolls (think pigs-in-a-blanket) with homemade honey mustard. That's gooooood stuff.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Make them with burgers or pulled pork.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Some are good, some are too rubbery.

I make sliders with them from time to time.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Yeah, 1 roll and 2 pounds of pulled pork.. Big Grin I actually like them with real butter or just pull them apart and eat them like soft pretzel.

posted Hide Post
If you have a good German deli or grocer near you they may make fresh rolls and pretzels. When we lived in Chicago we used to go to a place called Delicatessen Meyer on Lincoln. Every Saturday you could get fresh pretzels or rolls.

I found that our Costco out here carries decent ones too. I don't recall the brand but they've had fresh ones from time to time.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
These are outstanding as well

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
are they very salty ?

Picture of DamageInc
posted Hide Post
They are ok once in a while (just for variety), but they won't replace other types buns

Posts: 3412 | Registered: June 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I thought we were talking about the new 7-11 offering. I actually like their pretzels they carry now for a quick meal. They started in the last few weeks smaller soft pretzels that you could dip in their nacho cheese sauce. Bavarian Pretzel Fail (note I have not indulged in them, and likely won't, but I am sure it's a fail).

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DamageInc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
are they very salty ?

Not the ones I have had.

Posts: 3412 | Registered: June 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post